Filing Taxes with no employment for years?

Started by UAbio9301
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

UAbio9301

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I find myself in a unique situation. I need to submit a tax firm for purposes of enrolling into an income-based repayment plan immediately to begin making payments. However, I have been a student for years and thus have not filed a tax return for several years. Will there be any problems submitting if they can't retrieve any tax data for several years?
 
Hi all,

I find myself in a unique situation. I need to submit a tax firm for purposes of enrolling into an income-based repayment plan immediately to begin making payments. However, I have been a student for years and thus have not filed a tax return for several years. Will there be any problems submitting if they can't retrieve any tax data for several years?
No idea, but you can file without income. Turbotax will do it for free, but you have to print the form and mail it.
 
Hi all,

I find myself in a unique situation. I need to submit a tax firm for purposes of enrolling into an income-based repayment plan immediately to begin making payments. However, I have been a student for years and thus have not filed a tax return for several years. Will there be any problems submitting if they can't retrieve any tax data for several years?
No need to file a tax return in order to be eligible for an income driven repayment program. They may ask for alternative documentation of income which is a self certifying form where you can indicate you're not required to file a tax return.