Filler class- light course load

Started by SD0918
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SD0918

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is my third year in undergrad and I fulfilled all my lower division humanities/social science electives for my major and most of the sciences for pharmacy school. This semester I am taking three sciences: biochem, anatomy with lab, and general biology II with lab. I also have an upper division humanities course that I don't really need, but is just a filler. I have over a 100 units, and started as a bio major, but I don't intend to finish before pharmacy school simply because of the difficulty in registering for classes every semester. I have maintained a good GPA taking 15 units for four semesters, would it look bad if I dropped the humanities course and only take the three sciences this semester?

The only reason I ask is that I have to take the anatomy course at a different campus and because of the humanities course I have to drive to my university on two extra days of the week.
 
I would worry about financial aid repercussions if you do not remain a full time student. If that is a concern, I'd pick up an online class (keeping in mind that it may not be accepted by some pharma schools) or a physical education or other elective class. If it isn't, drop away.

The other consideration is whether it would prevent or delay a degree, but you've decided not to complete your degree before pharma school.

As far as a pharmacy school app is concerned, what I understand is that they are looking to see that you can balance a full time school schedule, which you have proven over the last two years.