Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just started working at a new location that is very close to the hospital. There are alot of hospital interns there that use the hospital DEA because they obviously dont have their own for control and non-controlled substances.
1. I was wondering how the use of a hospital DEA would allow insurance to cover it? I thought NPI was needed. This is always a repeating pattern but luckily the patients are cash only.
2. And correct me if I am wrong, but I thought hospital DEA does not count for insurance. You at least need individual practitioner DEA, for which interns do not have.
3. Can interns write for C-II's without any form of cosignature of their overseeing physician and much less having the overseeing physician not on the script at all?
1. I was wondering how the use of a hospital DEA would allow insurance to cover it? I thought NPI was needed. This is always a repeating pattern but luckily the patients are cash only.
2. And correct me if I am wrong, but I thought hospital DEA does not count for insurance. You at least need individual practitioner DEA, for which interns do not have.
3. Can interns write for C-II's without any form of cosignature of their overseeing physician and much less having the overseeing physician not on the script at all?