Filling out activity list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

confuse

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have a question about the activity list. Should we include all activities that we did or just those that are medically related? Such as a full-time summer job ie? I have worked several jobs and done alot of activities; I'm not sure if I should list them all. One of my interviewer suggested that I should if I were to reapply.
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

confuse said:
Hello everyone,
I have a question about the activity list. Should we include all activities that we did or just those that are medically related? Such as a full-time summer job ie? I have worked several jobs and done alot of activities; I'm not sure if I should list them all. One of my interviewer suggested that I should if I were to reapply.
Thanks.

The AMCAS applic. worksheet indicates that we can put in all of our experiences including non-medical. There's a limited space for 15 experiences, it says. So I would start by putting the med-related xperiences and then the most imp. non-med xperiences till when I have to stop....in which you might even run out of activities depending on how much you've done.

put everything cuz you know everyones gonna be beefing themselves up, plus you spent time on it so they need to know, they might want to ask questions about it during the interview, find out who the real you is.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ah, thanks. My interviewer said the same thing during the interview, that I should have put down everything I did so I could get credit for it. I just want to confirm with you guys cause I felt a bit strange writing down everything since I did alot of stuffs.

Because of the limit, it is hard to fit in everything. However, you can double up some experiences, such as non-medical summer employment by listing it as Summer Employment and then describing it as "Summer 2001: ...., Summer 2002: ...., . Some adcoms will look to see how you spent summer vacations. Ditto if you did service projects during Spring breaks, served in several capacities for an organization, etc.