Filling out prereq grades during secondaries

Started by msavvy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

msavvy

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently filling out secondaries and a lot of them asks to fill out courses that I've taken that fill the school's course requirements. I did terrible my first two years (B's and C's) and would rather put as many A's as possible in the course requirement section. I've only taken the minimum credits for ochem, physics, math, english, etc.. so I have no choice to put the bad grades from those classes, but I've taken many upper-division biology courses with A's. Are they looking specifically for lower-division prereq bio courses (genetics, microbio, etc.), or can I put in my upper-division bio courses that I did well on?

Also, is there a difference between "General Biology or Zoology" and just "Biology"?

Thanks!
 
You should read the school's requirements. Some of them specifically say "introductory biology," while others just say "biology." While you could list upper-level courses if they did the latter, it would not be correct to list upper-level courses if the requirement was the former.

My answer to your first question also kind of answers your second question. I understand "General Biology" to mean that you shouldn't list a specialized, upper-level course. However, "Biology" is more open.