Filling out the AACOMAS application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

albaniandoc

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am filling out my courses and I cannot remember what and academic year is.
I have been going to school during summer as well, and I can't remember if summer semesters are considered part of the upcoming year or the one passing. For example if I went to school during summer of 2005, is that part of the 2004-2005 academic year, or 2005-2006 ?
Pleh
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

onmywayRN said:
I have been going to school during summer as well, and I can't remember if summer semesters are considered part of the upcoming year or the one passing. For example if I went to school during summer of 2005, is that part of the 2004-2005 academic year, or 2005-2006 ?
Pleh
Thanks

Is it available???? can you post the link?

Can you start doing that now? The AACOMAS site says check back after May 1st still. Summer classes fall under the preceding year. (Summer 2005 goes with 2004-05 academic year...I think)

Members don't see this ad :)
onmywayRN said:
Pleh
Thanks

it is part of the 2004-2005 academic year
icon14.gif

Actually, I was filling out the AAMC , but I anticipate I would have the same problem with AACOMAS. According to AAMC one is to include summer courses with the year to follow. For example if you take a class in the summer of 2004. The class should be entered as academic year 2004-2005.
Just a heads up.

AACOMAS has their own rules for what is considered an academic year. There should be a "help" tab when you get to that section of the online application to get more info. I remember filling in my summers wrong and having to change it once I looked at the "help" tab.