Fin Aid AWARDS??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wannabedr

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone get a decent financial aid packet?

Do most schools award grants, and stuff or do they basically figure you will pay everything with loans?

What schools are known for the financial aid packets, if any?

Basically, I was wondering if it was possible to cut tuiton in half through grants, scholarships, etc. avaiable direct from the school.

Any advice/experiences welcome.

Members don't see this ad.

wannabedr said:
Did anyone get a decent financial aid packet?

Do most schools award grants, and stuff or do they basically figure you will pay everything with loans?

What schools are known for the financial aid packets, if any?

Basically, I was wondering if it was possible to cut tuiton in half through grants, scholarships, etc. avaiable direct from the school.

Any advice/experiences welcome.

most you're gonna get is couple Ks...cutting the tuition in half through those means is unlikely. you're talking about $100,000+ there...

polarnut said:
most you're gonna get is couple Ks...cutting the tuition in half through those means is unlikely. you're talking about $100,000+ there...

well you can cut tuition in half if you get the dean's scholarship at upenn...

Members don't see this ad :)
I know fafsa looks at your parents income for Dental school. Is it safe to say that the less your parents make the more aid you will get? Or, they're charging every butt loads of dinero?

I know in undergrad, some of the poorest students got to go to school practically free compared with the students whose parents made decent money. And it had nothing to do with grades or extra-cur. just income. Not the same in d-shool? Does it mainly matter with state-schools?