Final 2 Days Before MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

j306c954

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Taking the MCAT Thursday.
I planned on studying tomorrow (going over some content, FLEs that I've already taken, etc), and the day before only spending half the day reviewing notecards.

What have you guys done/plan on doing in your final days before the test?

I really planned on studying a lot more efficiently these past couple days, but I am honestly so burnt out that I'm not quite sure how efficient the studying has been. I know not much can be done in regards to strategy, but figured really reviewing some content stuff could potentially help.

Members don't see this ad.

The last thing you want is to be burned out going into the exam! If you honestly know you're burned out, just relax and go into the exam confident and recharged.

The most I would do if I were burned out before the test is refresh my memory of equations and their relationships. I would highly suggest just recharging your brain!

I reviewed some exams two days before and then took the day before off. I HIGHLY recommend doing absolutely nothing productive the day before.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks everyone. I've been relaxing mostly today, going to do some review later and take tomorrow off.

Do whatever you want as long as it isn't studying. Get some exercise, read something for fun, play video games, and just rest up. Studying and worrying is only going to worsen your burn out, which isn't a good mindset to carry into the exam. Best of luck on Thursday.

Best of luck to ye.

I'd just list general big-test tips that have helped me in many situations:

Don't burn out but don't fester in inactivity either. Light notecard prep and a CARS passage-like reading or two sounds about right.

GET TONS OF SLEEP. The night before the day before is key. Like seriously. Get 9~10 hours for once

Plan good meals. You want to feel great on the day of the test, so lay off the greasy crap and get some good carbs. Get a light-ish dinner the day before (full of carbs like pasta. Yes this is a running trick but it works) and a light breakfast. By light I don't necessarily mean less food, but less heavy/greasy/meaty foods.

Jog a lap or two around your house/apartment to get the fog outta your brain on test day.

Go out with your friends and get really drunk. The hangover will enhance your test day experience.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Go out with your friends and get really drunk. The hangover will enhance your test day experience.
I'll just study super hungover and then take the test super hungover. State discrimination, right? ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Best of luck to ye.

I'd just list general big-test tips that have helped me in many situations:

Don't burn out but don't fester in inactivity either. Light notecard prep and a CARS passage-like reading or two sounds about right.

GET TONS OF SLEEP. The night before the day before is key. Like seriously. Get 9~10 hours for once

Plan good meals. You want to feel great on the day of the test, so lay off the greasy crap and get some good carbs. Get a light-ish dinner the day before (full of carbs like pasta. Yes this is a running trick but it works) and a light breakfast. By light I don't necessarily mean less food, but less heavy/greasy/meaty foods.

Jog a lap or two around your house/apartment to get the fog outta your brain on test day.
Thanks! I have been working on getting to bed early (which is tough for me because I'm a night owl). Already have all meals planned out and will have pasta the night before (I am an athlete in a weight-specific sport, so I'm all about "carbo loading").

As I have been doing with practice tests, I plan on taking my dogs for a short walk the morning of.

Thanks for the tips!