Final Interview List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Etomidate

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
By this time many people have their interview schedules pretty much locked in. Of course there are always a couple programs that you are interested in that you haven't heard anything back from yet. I thought everyone could list their itinerary once it is pretty much set in stone.

Scheduled:
MGH
B&W
UTSW
UofC
UCLA
Mayo - Rochester
Oklahoma
UPenn
JHU
UVA
Duke

Would consider adding one more interview. Still have yet to hear back from 3 programs.

Members don't see this ad.

If U of C means U of Chicago, I'd be happy to answer any of your questions about the categorical intern year (I'm presently about half way thru it). As an aside, our chair, Jeff Apfelbaum, was just elected vice pres of the ASA, which I guess means he'll be pres next year.

Mayo
Wake
Vandy
MU
KU
UW
WashU
Arizona
Tenn

Still holding on hope for a couple more

Members don't see this ad :)
SLU
San Antonio
Miami
Jax
UC irvine
UCLA Harbor
USC
Arizona
UTSW
Vandy
Emory
U of Chicago
Wash U

Interviews:
Mayo-Jax
Vandy
UAB
UF
Oklahoma
Johns Hopkins
UVA
WashU
UTSW
Wake

Cancelled:
SLU
Colorado
Rush

Waitlisted:
Dartmouth

Waiting to hear from:
Yale
Northwestern
B&W
Penn
Emory
Arizona
Scott & White

Rejected:
Cornell
Columbia
UCSF
Stanford
MGH
BID
Duke

Prelim med interviews
UTMB – 11/29/05
Oklahoma – 01/18/06
Texas Tech – 12/15/05
Scott&White – 12/08/05
University of Florida (Jax) – 11/18/05
UTHSCSA - 01/23/06

Anesthesiology interviews
UWash - 12/19/05
University of Rochester - 11/04
Wayne State – 11/09
New York Medical College – 11/12
Medical College of Georgia – 12/07
Cook County – 10/29
Medical University of Ohio – 11/14
Medical College of Wisconsin – 12/13 (afternoon)
UTHSCSA – 12/03 (afternoon)
UAMS – 12/01
UMass – 01/04
Henry Ford – 12/10
University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Medicine – 01/17/06
St. Barnabas – 01/07/06
University of Kentucky – 01/11/06

Drexel
MetroHealth
Wake
(WPAHS) (shhhh no rumors!)
CWRU
Mercy
Yale
NYU
CCF
Maryland
UMDNJ/RWJ
Cornell
MGH
UAB
UF
USF

subject to cancellations if the mood strikes, or if i start to go (more) insane.

or if i realize i don't want a malignant program.

Will go on:

OHSU
Mayo
UIowa
UW-Mad
UU
UWash
VM
UNM
UCO
UAZ

Would love to drop last 2 but paranoid.

Canceled:
UVM
MMC
MGH
Dart
NW
MCoW
UCSF
Stanford

Eleven scheduled, eleven canceled.

Will go on;
- UWash
- VM
- OSHU
- Univ Utah
- Univ Iowa
- Mayo Rochester
- Wash U
- SLU
- Mizzou
- UVa
- JHU

Canceled;
- Stanford
- UCSF
- Univ of Colorado
- Univ of Minn
- Univ of Wisc-Mad
- UNC
- Wake
- Duke
- BID
- B&W
- MGH

Went or will go:
-UWash
-OHSU
-UCSF
-Stanford
-UMichigan
-UChicago
-Yale
-Columbia
-UPenn
-JHU

Canceled:
-UCSD

No rejections. Pinch me.
Not waiting on any anesthesia interviews.

I decided my top 10 is only really a top 8

Scheduled:
MGH
B&W
Yale
JHU
Mayo-Jacksonville
CCF
Stanford
UCSF

Will Cancel this week:
NEMC
NYU
Columbia
MSSM
Georgetown
Vandy
Loyola
VM
UCSD

Trisomy13 said:
Drexel
MetroHealth
Wake
(WPAHS) (shhhh no rumors!)
CWRU
Mercy
Yale
NYU
CCF
Maryland
UMDNJ/RWJ
Cornell
MGH
UAB
UF
USF

subject to cancellations if the mood strikes, or if i start to go (more) insane.

or if i realize i don't want a malignant program.

This is a "Funny" list. Some Top programs mixed in with many below average programs.

Livewire,
Maybe he wants to guarantee he matchs.

Looking at your list, you are obviously a very competitive applicant.
More conservative people, however, would butt in and suggest you interview at some "shoe-ins."

Members don't see this ad :)
DrDre' said:
Livewire,
Maybe he wants to guarantee he matchs.

Looking at your list, you are obviously a very competitive applicant.
More conservative people, however, would butt in and suggest you interview at some "shoe-ins."

LOL,

Man... there are some shoe-ins on that list for me. I hit 257 on step 1 (heard 259 was the highest score that cycle) and Cracked a 268 on step 2. If I can't name my program in Anesthesia, then I'm not interested.

I was only commenting that his list seemed to be the high highs and low lows, without many medium ranked programs. I mean USF and MGH???

LiveWireSucks said:
LOL,

Man... there are some shoe-ins on that list for me. I hit 257 on step 1 (heard 259 was the highest score that cycle) and Cracked a 268 on step 2. If I can't name my program in Anesthesia, then I'm not interested.

I was only commenting that his list seemed to be the high highs and low lows, without many medium ranked programs. I mean USF and MGH???

He forgot to mention his 12 inch sausage.

LiveWireSucks said:
LOL,

Make sure you mention that and present that attitude at your interviews. I am sure it will go over well :sleep:

Prediction, livewiresucks is either a) not applying to anesthesia at all and just trolling or b) applying to anesthesia but not nearly as competitive as livewiresucks would have us believe (the ever tactful get inside the heads of my competition trolling) c) applying to anesthesia as a backup for derm/rads and tired of getting punked by those applicants for lack of big name LOR, research, publications, grades, aoa, etc. so in order to lift livewiresucks self-esteem I give you respect trolling.

Troll on!

LiveWireSucks said:
LOL,
... I hit 257 on step 1 (heard 259 was the highest score that cycle)...
There is always someone who scored higher. A fellow classmate at my school got a Step 1 score of 267. I doubt that was even the 'top' score worldwide for 2004. And unlike you, he is modest about his academic prowess.

LiveWireSucks said:
If I can't name my program in Anesthesia, then I'm not interested.
:rolleyes:

Well, Well, Well...

I don't have a sausage :eek: "Oh my god", women get top board scores too? ;)
I'm not trolling, Anesthesia is not a back-up plan of any kind (Radiology is...). ;)
And, I'm so sick of guys who are intimidated by someone with no penis that studied hard, scored high on exams, and isn't humble as pie :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I kicked ass and I will in Residency too. The programs can take it or leave it. Notice no UPENN on my list? Did a rotation there and told the PD my feelings. He agreed that I wasn't humble enough. I asked him if that was because I scored higher than him on the Boards... :laugh: He told me there was no room in their program for people like me :scared: Oh no, what ever will I do? +pity+ I never took that Home Ec course at NYU during undergrad :laugh: What if no programs like my attitude? Well, no worries... Daddy is the PD for one program on my list :wow:

LiveWireSucks said:
Well, Well, Well...

I don't have a sausage :eek: "Oh my god", women get top board scores too?
I'm not trolling, Anesthesia is not a back-up plan of any kind (Radiology is...).
And, I'm so sick of guys who are intimidated by someone with no penis that studied hard, scored high on exams, and isn't humble as pie

I kicked ass and I will in Residency too. The programs can take it or leave it. Notice no UPENN on my list? Did a rotation there and told the PD my feelings. He agreed that I wasn't humble enough. I asked him if that was because I scored higher than him on the Boards... :laugh: He told me there was no room in their program for people like me :scared: Oh no, what ever will I do? +pity+ I never took that Home Ec course at NYU during undergrad :laugh: What if no programs like my attitude? Well, no worries...Daddy is the PD for one program on my list :wow:

I actually agree with the PD at Penn and knowing that he prefers more humble residents actually makes me really glad i have an interview there.

Having a daddy as a PD should NEVER be an excuse to be disrespectful of (1) your elders, (2) someone who knows 1000x more than you, and (3) someone who has the capacity of being your teacher, even if by some chance you did score higher than him on the boards. Methinks you are a little TOO proud of your numbers. Board score is just that. . .a number. You happened to do well on the test, that's nice. . .If you aren't teachable and antagonize faculty, colleagues, and patients, what of it?

I am female as well, and though my scores aren't quite as high as yours, I have other strengths in my portfolio ( though there is always room to accomplish more, of course). Yet, I hold my teachers in highest esteem and everything they say is treasure to me, whether it's a 27 year old resident or 70 year old attending. I also feel every one of my colleagues have strengths to contribute to the academic arena, regardless of their numbers, med school grades, other credentials. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. One of your obvious weaknesses appears to be your attitude. Good thing you made up for whatever weaknesses you have with your score.

Btw, to get ahead as a careerwoman, being a b---- is far from necessary. Notice, in fact, how you end up depending on your daddy in the end.

p.s. I didn't have to take any Home Ec courses either, only some hard science, math, and engineering (and a little bit of bio). ;) Many of my female colleagues have done the same and more, and still are much more humble adn respectful than you.

Maybe shifting back on topic would be a good idea.

LiveWireSucks said:
This is a "Funny" list. Some Top programs mixed in with many below average programs.

I'm a "Funny" guy.

I often look at the list and think the same thing. I didn't apply to many programs that might be considered "mid level", e.g. most of the "non-big 4" NYC programs. I'm shooting for either a top notch program or one that is near home, be it "below average" or not.

And I have a "Funny" application/CV that I think (and have been told) makes me an attractive candidate.

I knew all the moving, career switching, scutmonkey research jobs, and failed relationships would eventually help me. Somehow.

Bottom line is... top program, below average program... it's all the same in the end. I'm ranking where I will be happy, brand names be damned.

Emory
Vandy
Wash U
Scott and White
MUSC
Columbia
UAB
Wake
UNC
UAz
BU
Tufts

cx'd:
SLU
VCU

LiveWireSucks said:
LOL,

Not to stir the muck too much, but you seem to place a lot of weight on Step scores. I think you would be very surprised if you knew my score in light of some of the interviews I have landed. You might even sneer with condescension. You also seem enchanted by brand names. As far as I am concerned, I'm viewing my USF and MGH interviews equally. As I told an interviewer recently, I'm only concerned about two things: getting a solid education that provides me with ample opportunities during and after the residency, and actually liking the entire process and people I am working with. A lot more goes into that than just a name.

Having said that... yeah I have some high highs, mostly because I have a history of some sort with those insitutions, and some low lows, for the same reason.

This is calculation, not chaos, I assure you. ;)

and good luck naming your program. if you can do that, then more power to you. i dig chicks with swollen grey matter.

I think its a bit premature to say this is the final list...but this is what I have so far...

Prelim Med:
U. of Oklahoma
U. Missouri-KC
SLU
Medical College of Wisconsin
UMass

Anesthesiology:
UMass
NYMC
Illinois Masonic
Medical College of Wisconsin
Henry Ford
Drexel
Tufts
Western Penn

Waitlisted:
U. Kansas-Wichita

Good luck people!

LiveWireSucks said:
LOL,

not sure what you're talking about, but one of my classmates (#2 in the class) got a 268. The #1 in the class got a 265. :rolleyes:

C'mon guys - livewiresucks is obviously
a) making sh i t up, which is par for the course on sdn, so no harm
b) 100% defenitely not a woman
and no one with the goods needs to brag to strangers on the internet

Trisomy13 said:
I'm a "Funny" guy.

Do I look funny to you? Do I make you laugh? Am I some sort of clown or something?

(if someone gets that reference, then I have chosen the right field and I hope I match with you!)

Soon2BENT said:
Do I look funny to you? Do I make you laugh? Am I some sort of clown or something?

(if someone gets that reference, then I have chosen the right field and I hope I match with you!)

Goodfellas (1990) with Joe Pesci, Robert De Niro, and Ray Liotta - Great Flick! :thumbup:

Ear,

1st rejection!

UW-IM prelim. The most malignant prog I applied to and on probation, too!

I love how random this process is!

Interviews:

StElizabeth 12/8
PennSt 1/2
Tuft's 1/9
UAlbany 1/11
Baystate 1/12
UMass 1/25
UVM Interviewed 9/14
URochester Interviewed 11/14

Cancelled:

MaineMed

Rejected:

Uconn
BU
MGH
BID
Dartmouth
NYMC

Crickets:

Yale U
B&W
UPenn
MUSC

Prelim Interviews:

Griffin Hospital 12/3
Salem Hospital 12/20
St Vincent 1/13
Yale 1/14
Baystate 1/20
UMass 1/24
Norwalk Hospital 2/3

Prelim Rejections:

Albert Einstein
Greenwich Hospital

DrDre' said:
Ear,

1st rejection!

UW-IM prelim. The most malignant prog I applied to and on probation, too!

I love how random this process is!

Sorry Dre. I know it must sting, but its the best thing that could have happened to you. Now you have nothing but good karma. "Your so money and you don't even know it." :love:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=244639

And if it's any consolation Dre, I have heard nothing but crickets from my home IM program for a prelim spot. Gawd I love those categorical programs!

ear-ache said:
I have heard nothing but crickets from my home IM program for a prelim spot. Gawd I love those categorical programs!

i have an interview with my home site for prelim med this friday and if i can get through the whole day without looking like i have severe abdominal pain, i'll be happy.

between categorical progams and transitional years i am crossing my fingers and doing a "no prelim medicine" voodoo dance. and killing some chickens of course.

Thanks Ear!
Really was more shocked than upset!

Good luck with home program.

And great luck to everyone else!

Trisomy13 said:
i have an interview with my home site for prelim med this friday and if i can get through the whole day without looking like i have severe abdominal pain, i'll be happy.

between categorical progams and transitional years i am crossing my fingers and doing a "no prelim medicine" voodoo dance. and killing some chickens of course.
What a coincidence - I am doing that very same dance....but I am sure I don't make it look as good!