enamel88

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2012
CA
Status
Dental Student
Hey guys so my test is in TOMORROW and although I'm usually a calm person, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous at all even though I've taken the test before. I have gone through GC, OC, destroyer 3 times, Bio 1.5 times and have gone through bootcamp. GC I went through it the 3rd time bc I panicked once I saw my GC avg on bootcamp. I'm planning on studying my Chad notes in the next few days esp the parts that I'm still rusty in.

RC isn't where I want to be but at this point, I can't do much except just practice until test day. For QR, I've gone through math destroyer once and am going through it again getting around 30 (+-2)/40 timed. I guess my question is with the time I have left, should I go through all of bootcamp again? or would you say the time is better spent reviewing chad's notes and doing the quizzes for weak parts? I've attached my bootcamp practice scores below. I just really hope the real test is easier than BC esp in GC and RC...and for some reason I can't seem to break into the 20's in the PAT section. I'm shooting for a 22AA+

Attachments

Last edited:

NavyDDS1990

5+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2014
Status
Dental Student
review your notes and focus on your weaknesses from each sections, and stay calm!!
this is important. More you get nervous, more likely to make mistakes during the test.
According to your scores from BC, I have a feeling that you will do just fine on the test!
People usually score similar to BC or higher than BC on actual test.
Click the link below on my signature and compare my practice scores to yours!

OP
enamel88

enamel88

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2012
CA
Status
Dental Student
Thanks @sexylife. Our BC scores and RC scores are relatively similar lol. How come you didn't finish the PAT portion on BC? Also can you elaborate on RC? English is also my second language and I'm really hoping the passages that I get are very S&D able, although I'm still going to map half way and destroy the rest.

NavyDDS1990

5+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2014
Status
Dental Student
Thanks @sexylife. Our BC scores and RC scores are relatively similar lol. How come you didn't finish the PAT portion on BC? Also can you elaborate on RC? English is also my second language and I'm really hoping the passages that I get are very S&D able, although I'm still going to map half way and destroy the rest.
I didn't finish the PAT portion on BC because I retained a lot from my first DAT studying. Maybe that's why I felt it was harder and it was the only section where my score dropped lol. I focused more on sciences because that's like the only way to get high AA if you kill in one of the science sections.
My actual DAT was more S&Dable I guess 7 facts 3 tones in ratio. They were also easier to read and comprehend. You will be fine... I think first two RC in BC, I scored less than 15 haha

Reactions: enamel88
OP
enamel88

enamel88

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2012
CA
Status
Dental Student
Have you guys done RC QVAULT? Is it easier?harder?same?

DC206R

5+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2013
Status
Dental Student
Shoot I haven't looked at RC in a couple days. I think once you have a method you're comfortable with, it really just comes down to whether the article you get is enjoyable to read or not.

Reactions: enamel88
OP
enamel88

enamel88

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2012
CA
Status
Dental Student
True that. Do you feel ready for your test?! When is yours?

DC206R

5+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2013
Status
Dental Student
The 8th at noon. :boom:I'm feeling... alright. There's just a lot of information that I'm trying to sort out without getting overwhelmed with only 2 days left. Tomorrow will just be study notes day, and maybe a PAT test to keep me sharp.

OP
enamel88

enamel88

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2012
CA
Status
Dental Student
I take mine on the 9th noon. Your plan sounds solid. Good luck and I hope you kill it so that you can write a nice breakdown for me to read before my test the next day lol

DC206R

5+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2013
Status
Dental Student
Haha, If I do well, I'm definitely going to do a breakdown. I feel that it's the right thing to do since I've read so many breakdowns that helped me along this process. If you don't get a breakdown from me, well then....
I just hope I do well enough ( can't hang with all those 23+ AA people)

OP
enamel88

enamel88

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2012
CA
Status
Dental Student
What were you plans during the 15 min tutorial in the beginning? Setup PAT? I feel like if I use one of the laminated sheets, I'll only have 1 or 1.5 for the sciences. Is that enough? I don't want to ask for more paper during the test if possible for I heard the proctors were slow responding.

Dr.Toothenstein

5+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
What were you plans during the 15 min tutorial in the beginning? Setup PAT? I feel like if I use one of the laminated sheets, I'll only have 1 or 1.5 for the sciences. Is that enough? I don't want to ask for more paper during the test if possible for I heard the proctors were slow responding.
Ask them to make sure they let you (they let me). Setup grids for hole punch and tables for cube counting
This shouldnt take much room if careful, count 4 down and draw a straight line through then just count four from left to right and make a line. Do this until you have 16 (1 extra). For cubecountirng you dont need to put 0,1,2,3,4,5 on each of the 15; just do the first one and you can keep the same row and just move over. That grid paper is very helpful for PAT.

When you notice your first sheet is running low raise your hand while working other problems and just exchange the 1st page, you still have the back of PAT page as reserve if the first fills up before they come and exchange. I asked to double check and they said swapping 1 page at a time is ok.

Oct 30, 2013
I wrote the DAT two weeks ago and scored higher in some sections than BC and lower in other sections (RC, bio and gen chem). Don't worry though, all you can do is prepare as hard as you can and hope for the best. Don't let the stress get to you, it will only make things worse.

OP
enamel88

enamel88

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2012
CA
Status
Dental Student
LOL I was wishing that when I was sleeping yesterday. But unfortunately came out with a 21AA. I can't hang with all you 23AA+ people. Jeez. I'm like the nerdy kid that wants to hang out with the popular kids but it's on sdn...