Final Rank Lists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Steel_City

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright guys...I had to start this one. I know it's a couple days early but I couldn't wait. Two days until the final draft is due and I'm just itching to post my final rank order. Lets hit it up on Wednesday. Two more days until the lists go flying.

Members don't see this ad.

judging by my TY notes...

1. "you're my #1 program"
2. "you're my #1 program"
3. "you're my #1 program"
4. "i'm ranking the program highly"
5. "i'm ranking the program highly"
6. "i'm ranking the program highly"
7. "i'm ranking the program highly"
8. "i'm ranking the program highly"
9. "i'm ranking the program highly"
10. "i was impressed with the program"
11. "i was impressed with the program"
12. "i was impressed with the program"

seriously though, i just re-certified, and will probably do so AGAIN before tomorrow night.

Members don't see this ad :)
#1: Thank you note, call made on my behalf from home prof, second look, several e-mails back and forth
#2: Thank you notes, several e-mails back and forth
#3: Thank you notes
#4-#9: sporadic thank you notes, no response to comm from PDs

Here's my final ROL. Hope I end up at one of these places.

1. Wendy's
2. Burger King
3. McDonalds
4. Chik-fil-et
5. Pizza Hut
6. Waffle House
7. Church's Chicken
8. That other fast-food joint with the flying saucers and outer space theme. I'm ranking them last because they canceled my interview due to the threat of alien invasion.

Steel_City said:

1. Wendy's
2. Burger King
3. McDonalds
4. Chik-fil-et
5. Pizza Hut
6. Waffle House
7. Church's Chicken
8. That other fast-food joint with the flying saucers and outer space theme. I'm ranking them last because they canceled my interview due to the threat of alien invasion.

D@MN IT! Now I've got a hankering for some WAFFLE HOUSE! Scattered-smoothered-and-covered!

rugtrousers said:
#1: Thank you note, call made on my behalf from home prof, second look, several e-mails back and forth
#2: Thank you notes, several e-mails back and forth
#3: Thank you notes
#4-#9: sporadic thank you notes, no response to comm from PDs

Wow you guys seem to have made so much more effort than i did to show interest. I just sent thank yous, and responded to letters/phone calls from programs, if i got any. Actually I did the least with my top 2 :eek:. I'm worried now. . .

insecurity runs rampant... :scared:

on the other hand... at least folks can go back and say "I did all I thought I could do (legally!)" hahaaaa....

now I'm desparately trying to imagine who is going to be in my "resident" class. will they be jerks? chill? make me wanna tear their eyes out? or just have a good time training?

it's like high school sports all over again... give 'em a noogie, guys! :smuggrin:

chicamedica said:
Wow you guys seem to have made so much more effort than i did to show interest. I just sent thank yous, and responded to letters/phone calls from programs, if i got any. Actually I did the least with my top 2 :eek:. I'm worried now. . .

Just remember you're in SDN world right now - everyone wants to brag

Don't worry, the overwhelming majority of us did exactly what you did. Take some deep breaths, think of palm trees & sandy beaches, and breath out. Repeat until you hyperventilate, pass out, and wake up on match day.

chicamedica said:
Ditto. Hopefully rank has more to do with applications and interviews rather than post-interview communication. Otherwise I'm in trouble.

A looooongggg time lurker but will post here and start the day off right:

1.Mt. Sinai
2.Columbia
3.Mass Gen
4.Hopkins
5.Penn
6.Stanford
7-9. Who cares

And I would be hapy at anyone of these programs!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll throw mine out there:
1-Mayo Rochester
2-Virginia
3-North Carolina
4-Wisconsin
5-Michigan
6-Wake Forest
7-Minnesota
8-Iowa
9-UCSF
10-UCLA

+ 4 prelim/transitionals

I ranked my top 6 categoricals above any advanced programs (i really hate moving).

Final ROL for me ;) :

1. Scott & White
2. University of Kentucky
3. UT-Knoxville
4. UTMB-Galveston
5. UTHSC - Houston
6. UTSA
7. Baylor
8. University of Louisville
9. University of NM
10. UTSW

3 more weeks and we can finally put all this in our rear view mirror :D Good luck to everyone. Hope all SDN'ers get their #1 - all the non-SDN'ers can have what's left :laugh:

Idiopathic said:
Behind Baylor? Wow....they would be so disappointed ;)

Too many malignant comments from a couple of current residents there (UTSW) that I know very well. No doubt good training - no argument there - just not the right fit for me :)

jc237 said:
Damn you lurker!!! I want Sinai too!!! Those residents are happy, man. It's a longshot for me, but hey, I hope I get lucky.

best of luck!

My list:

1. UAB
2. VCU/MCV
3. Utah
4. UTHSCSA
5. Vanderbilt
6. UTSW
7. OU
8. Wash U
9. UVA
+3 Prelims

Will not rank: SLU, U Florida, U New Mexico

My list

1. U Penn
2. U chicago
3. Mgh
4. Bw
5. Bid
6. Michigan
7. - 9. Blah blah blah.

Dartmouth (4 year only)
Maine Medical Center
UVA (4 year only)
BID
BW
Pitt (4 year only)
Duke (4 year only)
Yale

Ah, man! Now I wanna post.

Not till 9:01, though. I'm superstitious.

Ya know, I was certain that there was one program that I was not going to rank. I chickened out though and stuck it in there as number 12. It's been too simple to just keep pressing "certify list." I keep going back into the website thinking that there is some final step that I am missing. I'm turning into one paranoid dude here. Anyone else going through this "certification anxiety?" Can't wait until 9:00...

NoodleIncident said:
Will not rank: SLU, U Florida, U New Mexico

Noodle,
We met on the interview trail, and I know you are one outstanding dude that is in no danger of scrambling. Having said that, would rather scramble then go to SLU or New Mexico? Did they leave you with that poor of an impression? Just curious.

Steel_City said:
Ya know, I was certain that there was one program that I was not going to rank. I chickened out though and stuck it in there as number 12. It's been too simple to just keep pressing "certify list." I keep going back into the website thinking that there is some final step that I am missing. I'm turning into one paranoid dude here. Anyone else going through this "certification anxiety?" Can't wait until 9:00...

LOL, i just went back in NRMP and wanted to make sure the green "ROL certified" does mean i have already certified my ROL...

TaiShan said:
LOL, i just went back in NRMP and wanted to make sure the green "ROL certified" does mean i have already certified my ROL...

LMAO, me too. Printed it up.

why is it going to take 18 days to let us know? aren't they using computers to process this algorithm?

N2b8 said:
why is it going to take 18 days to let us know? aren't they using computers to process this algorithm?

I'm sure they double and triple check all the results...do a "hand count" to make sure everything checks out. It still sucks, tho.

1. Vanderbilt (CA, then AD)
2. Mayo Clinic - Jacksonville
3. UT Southwestern
4. Johns Hopkins (CA, then AD)
5. UAB
6. UVA (CA)
7. Wash U (CA)
8. UVA (AD)
9. Wash U (AD)
10. Florida (CA, then AD)
11. Oklahoma

And this is how it all went down...

1) Penn State
2) West Penn
3) University of Rochester
4) U Penn
5) West Virginia University
6) University of Louisville
7) Emory
8) Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh
9) Medical College of Georgia

Just went with the gut.

1. UMass
2. Medical College of Wisconsin (Adv, Cat)
3. Drexel (Cat, Adv)
4. Tufts
5. New York Medical College - Westchester
6. Henry Ford
7. Western Penn
8. Illinois Masonic

+ 4 Prelim Med

Best wishes everyone...hope everyone tolerates the waiting ok

1. UVa (C)
2. UNC (C)
3. Scott & White
4. Penn State (C)
5. Vanderbilt (C)
6. Mayo-Rochester (A)
7. Dartmouth (C)
8. UTMB
9. Univ. of Rochester (C)
10. Mayo-Rochester (C)
11. UVa (A)
12. UNC (A)
13. UAB
14. Emory
15. Dartmouth (A)

I'd be happy at any of them. In the end, I just loved Charlottesville and Chapel Hill. First rate towns and excellent programs. Ended up not ranking 4 programs (all in my home state...go figure)

rank list:

1 Sinai
2 Columbia
3 NYU
4 UPenn
5 Yale
6-10 Hopefully it wont come down to these... hopefully

I think there's a discrepancy between the rank lists being posted and the poll of the programs ranked #1... at least with regard to the east coast programs. Why are people afraid to post their rank lists? Its not like it matters anymore... if anything it helps 3rd yrs who can start to understand what is going through our minds when we're formulating a rank list.
Good luck to everyone!!!

Jefferson
TuFTs
TEmple
Drexel
Suny Brooklyn
St. Lukes
U of Kent
Univ. Of Indiana
UMASS
Henry Ford
Albert Einstein
U of maryland
Baystate

I believe my quality of life would drop ridiculously if I match anywhere from 8-12. Essentially indifferent between 2-7. Crossing my fingers for #1.
Good luck MSIV's.

Stillinscrubs said:
LMAO, me too. Printed it up.

The Dean had his assistant calling one person in my class that hadn't certified their ROL, then emailed everyone to confirm we had all finalized our lists. Was a nice little touch, seeing as I hadn't touched it since the day after ROL opened.

Steel_City said:

1. Wendy's
2. Burger King
3. McDonalds
4. Chik-fil-et
5. Pizza Hut
6. Waffle House
7. Church's Chicken

You didn't get any tractor truck driving interviews? NETTS New England Tractor Trailer School or 1-800-Over-The-Road???