Final Stretch...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moneyman244

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone that has taken the PCAT before, please tell us how you prepared (or what you wished you would've done) that helped in the final 10 days before you took the PCAT! Any guidelines would help!

Members don't see this ad.

Along with how you prepared, could anyone who has taken it describe the test setting -- i.e. classroom settings, individual rooms, etc. Kind of a freaked out as the time closes in, as most people would be.

I am taking practice exams from dr collins as a mock test and timing myself for the last stretch before the pcat. so far time is not an issue and just stupid mistakes.

Members don't see this ad :)
Took the last two pearson tests. No studying really. Our facility had desks around the perimeter of the room with those modular "cubicle" walls separating them. You also don't get a white board. You get a bunch of laminated paper to draw on, with as many refills as you need. You never have to erase. I just say that because I would have liked to have known that.

Anyone that has taken the PCAT before, please tell us how you prepared (or what you wished you would've done) that helped in the final 10 days before you took the PCAT! Any guidelines would help!

I am going to tell you,I have bought way to much material and I am taking it next week. The Pearson PCAT practices are good. If you want some good material to study, don't waste you time with Dr Collins because some of his questions come directly from the practice test. Get the PEARSON practive $80 and look at the PCAT blueprint, if you have any saved chem, orgo, bio, and or cal books look for the material, lastly you can purchase the MAT analogies test for the GRE and practice that. I bought it and looked at it and a lot of the question could possibly come from there! hope this is a help!

I've taken it twice and my biggest piece of advice is slow down. When you're taking your test, just relax and read each question carefully, the PCAT loves to hide traps. Finally, this next week focus on what you do know, you're not going to learn orgo in 10 days ( if you can I am jealous ) or learn 1200 new words. Focus on your strong points and get a good sleep the few nights before the PCAT.

Reactions: 1 user
I am taking the PCAT July 17th (this Thursday). At this point, I have finished all the Dr. Collins subtests, 2 full length online kaplan practice exams, all 3 Pearson exams, and did some extra review for biology. I'm thinking of just reviewing some analogies and sentence completion tonight and then pretty much being done with studying.

For those of you that have already taken it or are about to take it, what are some methods you have used or plan on using to relax the night before? I have been so stressed and worried about this exam. I even dream about it (literally. I had several dreams where I took the exam and either didn't finish any section, my score ended up being voided, and/or I scored in the 20th percentile :(). Does anyone have any tips?

Reactions: 1 user
I am taking it on Thursday as well. The plan is to study for half the day (wake up at around 7 and study till noon). The other reason why I am going to wake up early is so I can prepare for tomorrow and so I will go to sleep early on Wednesday. Afterwards, I am forcing myself to get outside my house and hang out with friends and get dinner with them. The best way to relax IMO is to not be at home where you have access to your computer and books. I just have to keep telling myself "either I know it or I don't at this point"

I read your post yesterday and did the same thing. Felt good to socialize with friends rather than studying and worrying if I needed to know something and then trying to review it quickly.

I also went out with a friend today. It felt really nice to get my mind off of things. The nerves are kicking in though :(