1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Final Week for UCSF?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by bunjin, Mar 16, 2004.

1. bunjin

bunjin Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

This is it, the supposed week that UCSF makes it decision on everyone they have interviewed. Has anyone heard anything yet?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. knj120

knj120 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I got a letter from UCSF last Thursday (march 11th) that notified me that I was an alternate. Not what I was hoping for...but, I guess there may still be a small chance of getting in? Does anyone know if they would tell us how we rank or what number we are on the alternate list?

4. PiAA64

PiAA64 New Member

I also got a letter on the 13th saying that I was an alternate. I called Carmen to try to find out what my rank was on the waitlist, but they said that their board decided that they won't disclose that info this year. :confused: So I guess we just have to sit tight and wait. :scared:

5. ziptree

ziptree DDS
    10+ Year Member

I talked to Carmen a while back in February. She said they would be done interviewing at the end of February and that all letters would be mailed out during the first week of March.

After my little chat with her, I received an acceptance letter two days later. My friend just got his waitlist letter about 3 days ago, so I think the mail is arriving as we speak.

They're pretty hush-hush about their waitlist this year because Carmen wouldn't tell my friend his rank on the waitlist either... =/

6. surfy

surfy Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I called today, they said that my status was not determined yet, and he said something about early April was their target to get everything sorted out.

So I guess this week was not the week. Just wanted to let everyone know that there will be a couple more weeks of waiting.