Finally accepted from UNC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kimsaekyu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got a phone call from UNC at 2:40.

Members don't see this ad.

kimsaekyu said:

What are the stats of those accepted? DAT, GPA, State of Residence? Major?

kimsaekyu said:

You beat me to it. We accepted just over half the class today, the others to come in February. I believe 12 non-residents and 33 residents. Very, very difficult decisions...talk about amazing applicants! I don't know that I'd get in if I had to try again.
For those who don't hear they are "Accepted" by UNC this week, you are still being considered for the group that will hear in February. As was said on Dumb and Dumber: "So you're telling me there's a chance!" Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
jpollei said:
You beat me to it. We accepted just over half the class today, the others to come in February. I believe 12 non-residents and 33 residents. Very, very difficult decisions...talk about amazing applicants! I don't know that I'd get in if I had to try again.
For those who don't hear they are "Accepted" by UNC this week, you are still being considered for the group that will hear in February. As was said on Dumb and Dumber: "So you're telling me there's a chance!" Good luck.

So have all the first batch been called? I REALLY want to go to UNC and am pretty anxious

Congratz!

I'm totally excited to be accepted into such a great program and can't wait to meet my future classmates! As an in-stater, it's incredible to have a top 5 program in our back yard.

I've stated this in another thread, but I honestly can't imagine having the adcom's job. Every single one of the interviewees I met on Nov 19 were outstanding people and students. I can certainly see why something like 33% of UNC students applied more than once.

PB

has everyone been called?

I got a call at 2:11 CT time!!!

so, assuming the entire first batch got their call today, do out-of-staters still have much of a shot? they mentioned at the interview that non-residents aren't pursued as well after the first round, because they have typically already made plans. eh?

I'm guessing since they accept around 16 out of staters that they are shooting for 8 deposits out of the 12 out of state offers. That leaves another 8 seats give or take. Add to that the fact that the last interview session is in-state heavy, I'd guess you out-of-staters still have a pretty good chance.

PB

WhoooaaaBUNDY said:
so, assuming the entire first batch got their call today, do out-of-staters still have much of a shot? they mentioned at the interview that non-residents aren't pursued as well after the first round, because they have typically already made plans. eh?

here's to hoping ...

any accepted nonresidents care to mention which interview date they had?

congrats to those who got in today. i'm excited for you!!!!

i'm still waiting, and it has been extended to feb.

for those who didn't get in, cheer up! its not the end of the world. so don't give up hopes yet.

gluck everyone!! and congrats again!!!

Congrats to all who were accepted today! I was really hoping for a call and am still hoping for one tomorrow, although I think that's a pipe dream. I guess I'm back to waiting until Feb. Like WhooaaBundy said, I guess I'll drop $500 somewhere else and hope to hear some good news in Feb.

is there a possibility that they call someone tomorrow?

HermeytheElf said:
Just out of curiosity, if you're in Richmond why would be on Central Time?
I am from Richmond, but I currently go to school in Illinois, hence the central time zone :)

twofast2s said:
is there a possibility that they call someone tomorrow?
I know at the interview they said if you are not called within a couple of days of Dec. 7th that you are not in the first wave of acceptances. I would imagine they called all of the acceptees today though. I'm hoping for a call tomorrow, but don't think it's very likely.

adr12 said:
I know at the interview they said if you are not called within a couple of days of Dec. 7th that you are not in the first wave of acceptances. I would imagine they called all of the acceptees today though. I'm hoping for a call tomorrow, but don't think it's very likely.

You and me both!!! Perhaps "jpollei" can give us some insight. He/She has been pretty helpful in providing some insight from the student side of the UNC ADCOM.

TX Hopeful said:
You and me both!!! Perhaps "jpollei" can give us some insight. He/She has been pretty helpful in providing some insight from the student side of the UNC ADCOM.
Yeah, I met "jpollei" at my interview and he was very helpful. I'm not counting on a call tomorrow, but am still hoping! If not, there's still Feb...

i guess i won't be expecting much.
but one of the member here who was accepted is a dear friend of mine, and the words of encouragement helped me get through today.
thanks!! (you know who you are)

so i'd like to encourage you guys as well.. gluck everyone!!

I am a non resident and I interviewed November 5