Finally - AN INTERVIEW!! Touro-NV

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Marianne11

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
This cycle has been scary. I applied in October, was complete at the 4 schools I applied to in November, but all the schools were waiting for my Jan MCAT scores to decide about interviews. I just got my first interview on March 29th at Touro-NV. Anyone else interviewing that day? I was told my chances are excellent because they have a lot of spots open due to an increase in class size. I'm happy. It's my first choice school. :) :) :)

Members don't see this ad.

This cycle has been scary. I applied in October, was complete at the 4 schools I applied to in November, but all the schools were waiting for my Jan MCAT scores to decide about interviews. I just got my first interview on March 29th at Touro-NV. Anyone else interviewing that day? I was told my chances are excellent because they have a lot of spots open due to an increase in class size. I'm happy. It's my first choice school. :) :) :)

Congrats!!! :thumbup:

Congrats, it is an extremely laid back interview, and I really liked the school!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my first interview on March 29th at Touro-NV. Anyone else interviewing that day? I was told my chances are excellent because they have a lot of spots open due to an increase in class size.

Hi Marianne!
I'm interviewing on 3/26. It's interview #3 for me (1 MD, 2 DO), and I'm hoping to get a feel for the school, and I'm hoping to do well. Good luck!

I'm most likely going to be there on the 29th, should be a good time. How far away from the strip is it anyways?

Hi Marianne!
I'm interviewing on 3/26. It's interview #3 for me (1 MD, 2 DO), and I'm hoping to get a feel for the school, and I'm hoping to do well. Good luck!

Good luck!!

Thanks everyone for the good wishes!! :)

The strip is about 15 minutes or so. I live in Henderson, so if you have any questions, just ask. :)

The strip is about 15 minutes or so. I live in Henderson, so if you have any questions, just ask. :)

You live in Henderson already?
Well, I guess that would make it a very attractive school for you! :)
I'm a Californian, and I make it out to Vegas a couple of times a year. If I get into Touro-NV, I best not spend my student loans in poker tournaments or at the craps table. :)

Good luck!!

Marianne (and everyone!)
I had my interview on Monday (3/26) and loved it.
I spent the weekend in Henderson and Las Vegas, and I love the fact that I can live in a developing suburban area like Henderson, which seems very relaxed and comfortable, yet still be close to the life available on the strip. I can see myself living there and attending the school, because Touro-NV really impressed me. People criticize the look of the building, but the interior is very well prepared to handle a medical school curriculum. And the best part about Touro-NV is the people - everyone involved from Roger Corban to the interviewers to the students who did the Q&A/tour were very friendly and welcoming.

Good luck to those left to interview! I hope to receive a positive decision on Friday!

I had my interview today. I think it went really well. I'm so hoping for good news a week from Friday. :) It's my 1st choice, so I'm nervous now. 8 days of waiting :scared:

I had my interview today. I think it went really well. I'm so hoping for good news a week from Friday. :) It's my 1st choice, so I'm nervous now. 8 days of waiting :scared:

I thought they only met every 2 weeks...so you may have 15 days of waiting...

Or maybe I have 8 days of waiting left, too? Roger Corbman said they were meeting this week.