Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

Finally - AN INTERVIEW!! Touro-NV

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Marianne11, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Marianne11

Marianne11 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    This cycle has been scary. I applied in October, was complete at the 4 schools I applied to in November, but all the schools were waiting for my Jan MCAT scores to decide about interviews. I just got my first interview on March 29th at Touro-NV. Anyone else interviewing that day? I was told my chances are excellent because they have a lot of spots open due to an increase in class size. I'm happy. It's my first choice school. :) :) :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. jp104

jp104 Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]

Congrats!!! :thumbup:

3. digital01

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Congrats, it is an extremely laid back interview, and I really liked the school!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. exigente chica

7+ Year Member

5. StringerBell

StringerBell It's the final countdown!
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hi Marianne!
    I'm interviewing on 3/26. It's interview #3 for me (1 MD, 2 DO), and I'm hoping to get a feel for the school, and I'm hoping to do well. Good luck!

6. spicedmanna

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Congratulations and good luck on the interview! :thumbup: :luck:

7. The Kahuna

The Kahuna Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I'm most likely going to be there on the 29th, should be a good time. How far away from the strip is it anyways?

8. digital01

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    bout 15 min.

9. Fermata

Fermata Hold me.
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    W00t.

10. OP
    OP
    Marianne11

Marianne11 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Good luck!!

Thanks everyone for the good wishes!! :)

The strip is about 15 minutes or so. I live in Henderson, so if you have any questions, just ask. :)

11. StringerBell

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    You live in Henderson already?
    Well, I guess that would make it a very attractive school for you! :)
    I'm a Californian, and I make it out to Vegas a couple of times a year. If I get into Touro-NV, I best not spend my student loans in poker tournaments or at the craps table. :)

12. StringerBell

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Marianne (and everyone!)
    I had my interview on Monday (3/26) and loved it.
    I spent the weekend in Henderson and Las Vegas, and I love the fact that I can live in a developing suburban area like Henderson, which seems very relaxed and comfortable, yet still be close to the life available on the strip. I can see myself living there and attending the school, because Touro-NV really impressed me. People criticize the look of the building, but the interior is very well prepared to handle a medical school curriculum. And the best part about Touro-NV is the people - everyone involved from Roger Corban to the interviewers to the students who did the Q&A/tour were very friendly and welcoming.

Good luck to those left to interview! I hope to receive a positive decision on Friday!

13. OP
    OP
    Marianne11

Marianne11 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I had my interview today. I think it went really well. I'm so hoping for good news a week from Friday. :) It's my 1st choice, so I'm nervous now. 8 days of waiting :scared:

14. StringerBell

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I thought they only met every 2 weeks...so you may have 15 days of waiting...

Or maybe I have 8 days of waiting left, too? Roger Corbman said they were meeting this week.