Finally DAT done! 8-11-10

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FSUpredent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone here for all the help and tips!

PA - 21 - 89.9%
QR - 18 - 84.7%
RC - 28 - 99.7% :D
Bio - 20 - 88%
GC - 22 - 92%
OC - 21 - 86%
TS - 21 -92%
AA- 22 - 97% :D

Breakdown:

PAT: I used KBB and CDP my scores were 17, 19, and 20.. As far as the real DAT goes, the angle ranking was easier and the TFE and the keyhole were harder, but not by very much. Additionally, if you can to the CDP holepunch you can handle anything the DAT can throw at you! Overall this section was pretty straight forward, especially after following advice from the "wicked PAT tutorial."

QR: For QR I was nervous, but after using crack dat math I realized that this section is all about time management. If you skip the hard questions and do all the ones you know for sure you can get at least a 16. Know the trig formulas, know probability (combinations, permutations, etc.), and know how to do area on coordinate plane shapes!

RC: WOW! I can't believe this section turned out so well! I mainly read the topic sentences for each paragraph then formed a mental outline of the article in my head. After I did that, I read the question and knew exactly where to find the answer. I was really relaxed at this point of the test mainly because I knew that the hardest part was over (science).

Bio: This section is notoriously difficult to study mainly because of the breadth of the subject. I used DAT destroyer and Cliff's AP, then I used KBB to fill the gaps. Study human physiology for this section!!! Especially reproduction! Other than that it is an assorted mix of facts. If you know Cliff's and KBB there is no reason not to get at least a 19 on this section.

GC/OC : I hate to join the bandwagon, but Chad's videos saved the day with gen chem! I had a really great organic chem professor for both years (two different professors), and they really helped me to remember all the various conditions for the reactions and nomenclature. For GC, I did not have the greatest professors, and I pretty much owe it all to Chad's videos for the score in GC! Destroyer is a must for both sections! If you can do destroyer GC and OC you will get a great score!!!

Topscore Tests: (Bio, Chem, OC, PA, QR, RC)
1: 17, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22
2: 19, 18, 20, 19, ?, ?
3: 19, 19, 20, 20, 22, 25

If anyone has any questions at all I can help you out!

I really want to know if I have a shot this year,

Overall: 3.5
Sci GPA: 3.4
Non Sci: 3.6

Thanks again everyone! :) :)

Members don't see this ad.

I have nearly identical TopScore results as you.

I'd be so happy if I get a 22AA :) :)

I have nearly identical TopScore results as you.

I'd be so happy if I get a 22AA :) :)

Hang in there man! I was checking the forums looking for topscore results close to mine so I could guess what I would get, lol. You have to go into this test with confidence.