Finally figured out why my GPA calculation was so weird!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tyrannosaurus_wrecks

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have no idea why I didn't pick up on this earlier but...my undergrad institution's courses are weighed more heavily than the courses I took afterwards (postbacc, grad school). Labs are 5 are semester hours instead of the usual 4 and every single one of my science courses had required labs. This just feels....unnecessary lol. No wonder it felt like there was absolutely NO upward movement in my GPA at all 🤦‍♀️. This feels like one final "**** you" from the institution that already made my life crazy difficult once lmao