Finally: first day at med school!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

student1799

"Señora” to you, hombre
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Started orientation today at UVM. Although being away from the family is definitely tugging at my heartstrings (especially at night), I wouldn't trade this for the world. I feel like I've been waiting for this all of my life.

And now I get to change my status to Medical Student!

Members don't see this ad.

Yay! Just finished my first week of classes. It's had its ups and downs but overall it is pretty good. And I am able to fall asleep at night now - I think it took about 5 nights to get the hang of that.

Members don't see this ad :)
started orientation today at uvm. Although being away from the family is definitely tugging at my heartstrings (especially at night), i wouldn't trade this for the world. I feel like i've been waiting for this all of my life.

And now i get to change my status to medical student!

good job friend!

What family have you left behind? I'm just curious because I'm probably going to have to live separately from my husband/kids for a little while myself. Just wondering how you are dealing with it. Gaining this achievement can be bittersweet as I've found out from others.

You give me hope. Sick! So pumped for you! Can't wait to be there myself.