Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Finally! I Got Accepted.

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by mountainman6789, Nov 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mountainman6789

mountainman6789 Membership Revoked
    Removed

:thumbup: Just opened the mail. I got a large envelope from Temple. Since its not Dec. 1 I was pissed because I thought it was a big rejection letter. Actually, its an acceptance. I was so stunned because I did terrible in my interview up there and I am out of state with below average stats. I guess since my dad is a dentist it helped me out somewhat.

I cant wait to see if I got in at the other places I interviewed. I want to go somewhere just a little warmer than Temple!

Still though, I feel much better now.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. iambatman

iambatman Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

4. I'mFillingFine

I'mFillingFine Pulptastic
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    woooooo :D

:clap:

Congrats!

5. mountainman6789

Removed

I know its like so unreal or so sareal? Anyways, I am excited, now I hope to shoot for a better school. I still have an interview planned at Case Western. That will be a breeze with no stress whatsoever now!

Thanks everyone for the congrats! Now pray that something better comes along cause temple was a D U M P ! Thanks!

6. polarnut

polarnut Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I'm gonna be brutally honest and say what 90% of these guys really want to say. However, what I say in the following sentence is not what I mean or what I will repeat in real life and cannot be used against me in court or in any other way: I feel sick to my stomach that I'm not accepted and all these bozos (not you, specifically) are getting the thumbs up from the same type of bozos inhabiting the adcom room.

And oh yeah, congrats. :thumbup:

7. saycheese

saycheese Member
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    congrats... :0) you got in somewhere..! :0)

8. mountainman6789

Removed

No problem, its like this, my father is an oral surgeon and has done countless volunteering hours and donated thousands of dollars to his dental programs, so its not always what you do but what your family does as well.

Dental school is an overall picture. Whats funny is you would crap if I told you my science GPA is 2.4 wouldn't you?

I won't tell you then.

9. mountainman6789

Removed

I see that you interviewed at Temple, its a real dump huh?

I think I am going to take the old man to REd Lobster tonight after he gets home, no wait maybe save that for a better acceptance, Ill take him to Outback instead.

10. Jeppedo

Jeppedo Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    You can't be serious.... If this is all true and your daddy is really pulling all of these strings for you, get ready for a lifetime of brown nosing and butt kissing... well I'm sure you already know all about it.

11. rajmahal1980

rajmahal1980 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

polarnut why do you have a sad face by accepted schools?
    It's not even Dec 1st!!

12. iambatman

iambatman Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

ummmmmmmm, talk for yourself bud. but i'm happy for the two that have got acceptences from Temple. MY FUTURE COLLEAUGES! (i hope)

well, i know you were just kidding.....of course! we all feel that feeling, of 'why not me?', but find a little heart to give to others, (save some for yourself though - because when YOU get that acceptance, you'll need it, and others will give you pieces of theirs, to make you whole.

13. duh?

duh? Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    *BbbbbbbbbZzzzzzzZzzz...bzzzzzzz...pop!* I just crapped!
    CONGRATS!

14. polarnut

polarnut Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

"Dental school is an overall picture." What does that mean? Like...how about "Life is an overall picture."

and oh, hell yeah, i'm crapping. what does your dad's accomplishments have anything to do with you? now i dont know you so im just gonna make assumptions: 2.4 suggests you didn't run the treadmill as hard as many others. i'll be damned if a 4.0 candidate who worked his butt off the whole 4 years got backhanded by a 2.0 spoiler whose father happened to do "great deeds of all time and more".

when you let a man run the show not based on his ability or skill but based on what his father did....i mean...we can all look at bush and see what fine of a job he's doing

on the side note, i'm just curious. many schools have minimum GPA requirement. can that string be pulled as well?

15. DentistBunaHay

5+ Year Member

I'm with polarnut, u should read this guy's other posts. It's so sad that people like these get in. I hope he fails in dentistry. You should see the way this guy writes about the underserved and the poor. "I"M LOADED".. loaded with cheating and [email protected]#.

16. oldboy

oldboy Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

17. Unemployed

Unemployed Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

18. polarnut

polarnut Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

forget the troll. that's his dad? :laugh:

19. mountainman6789

Removed

Haha nice one, my dads ego is that big! :laugh: It matches his bank account.

Course no wonder, when you can just call up someone and ask that your son be accepted and they bow to you. No wonder his ego is huge.

Not really though, I earned my spot. Just want a better school to come along.

20. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Member
    7+ Year Member

MountainMan, what were your stats (GPA and DAT) and what state are you from?

21. Jeppedo

Jeppedo Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Sure you did... just keep telling yourself that

22. polarnut

polarnut Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

christ you are high on your old man. 9/10 posts he mentions his daddy. my daddy did this for me, my daddy is a blah, my daddy this my daddy that, i think im gonna take my daddy to red lobster.

23. mountainman6789

Removed

Well I surely own him. With my GPA I couldnt have gotten into dental hygiene school but instead I am going to be a dentist.

Don't hate me cause I am IN and you are NOT!

24. polarnut

polarnut Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

How can I not be mad? You don't deserve to be in dental school, let alone any professional school, because you aren't professional.

I mean, are you gonna ask your daddy to hold your hand while you're doing a root canal?

25. E. coli

E. coli Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Just curious, what is your stats? I really want to see how much a oral surgeon father can help you get into dental school. I hope what you are saying is not true. Come on, 2.4 Sci GPA? You can't be serious?

BTW, the admission process in the states really suck. I am from Canada, and I expected processes like admission to be fair. Heck, the dean of admission in our school (UBC) even told the applicants that they are not allowed to have any conversations or relationship with the applicants because it would be unfair for other students.

I guess things in the U.S. are a lot different. I thought it would be easier to get into dental school in the states than Canada, just by looking at the gpa and dat average. Guess I was wrong, the statistics is deceiving because of people who needs family background and connection to get in.

I am glad that admission policies in Canada is not like that, they always pick the best student from an academic standpoint, and extracurricular/family background always comes second. Basically, if you don't have good gpa and dat, you won't get in. It make me sick that admission process in the states is so unfair. I guess that's how things work here, the richer get richer.

Anyways, this is just my opinion. I am not bitter and I am not trying to offend anyone. But I am just sick and tired to hear people on SDN brag about how their family background is the only reason they got into dental school.

Anyways, Mountainman, congraduation on your acceptance to Temple! I really hope you are a qualify student and do well in dental school.

26. DentistBunaHay

5+ Year Member

I'm a canadian too and mountainman is an dingus. I'm not gonna be all sweet about this cuz' i'm canadian. You gotta be realistic man, c'mon, you can't congratulate him for this especially cuz' he's dissing the school and people around it so much. How can you say nice things to this guy? It's ok, there are no adcoms here, just say that he's an dingus. C'mon

27. mountainman6789

Removed

Well its like this. All I have to do is get C's. I plan to open my own practice up after graduation so its not like I am going to need good grades to apply somewhere.

Gotta love dentistry !!!

28. E. coli

E. coli Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Ya, if he has 2.4 sci gpa, I say he's an dingus and he definitely cheated the system. But this is only a forum, I have nothing against the person, but the way things work. I don't hate the player, I only hate the game.

I am glad to be a Canadian, I am starting to think that I rather go to a dental school in Canada than in the U.S. At least in Canada, you know your classmates are qualify and I don't have to deal with assholes like this. You have to get into dental school with your own ability, and not because my dad pulls all the string for me.

29. mountainman6789

Removed

Ia thinka youa shoulda staya ina Canadaa witha thea resta ofa thea #$%#$%$.-A

ahhahahaha :laugh:

30. JMoney

JMoney Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Just ingnore mountainman6789 people. He/she will go away once no one replies to his/her lies and ignorant posts!!

Trolls die when they are not spoken to!! IGNORE HIM/HER!!

31. polarnut

polarnut Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

its ok. the little troll serves as a comic relief to the jitters of Dec.1.

32. Gargamel

Gargamel Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I’m not saying I believe this guy but it brings up an interesting question. How much does it cost to get into dental school? (aside from the money we all lay out for the DAT and AADSAS and supplementals) I mean are we talking a few grand (instruments maybe an X-ray machine) tens of thousands (some nice pieces of equipment maybe a car for someone on the admin committee) hundreds of thousands (a few operatories and maybe a large boat for the admin) or are we talking really obscene amounts of money (a new wing for the school and for the admins house too). If dental school is going to cost a quarter million any way, a few K extra to get in isn’t bad. I guess it depends on the school though. Some might be happy with a few handpeices and a pack of chewing gum while others might require an international airport. Personally, I’m going to do what I always do and sleep my way to the top! :)

On a serous note though a heartfelt congratulations to any and all who have been accepted! :thumbup:

33. r0entgen

r0entgen Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

somebody please tell me why he's not banned yet.

but whatever. his personality will come out through his dental practise. you can't conceal this kind of behaviour long term. maybe you can in a 1-day interview, but not for a lifetime.

34. speedy3816

speedy3816 reality pwns
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    very true

35. atlanta478

atlanta478 "Open wide"
    7+ Year Member

Let’s not forget, mountainman is not the first and not the last one who is moving “ahead” because of his father. Do you remember sons of the WWII pilot George Bush? :smuggrin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.