piper824

10+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2008
Status
Although schools will find out anyway very soon, please withdraw if you are holding multiple spots.

I hope I can get off the damn waiting lists.

kema

Eureka!!
10+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
Hahahah, same here!!! Still hoping to get off the waiting list but I already signed up for DAT retakes lol. Just being proactive.

kug

10+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Hahahah, same here!!! Still hoping to get off the waiting list but I already signed up for DAT retakes lol. Just being proactive.
Same here. Waitlisted and will be retaking DAT at the end of this month.

Bitterness

10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2008
LA
Status
Pre-Dental
So, how is this going to work?
Are they only going to offer spots to those who have not gotten any acceptances? or are they just going to move down the waiting list???:confused:

crazy4clana

10+ Year Member
Dec 10, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
They move down the waitlists when people decline admission. It depends on the rank on the waiting lists.

Good luck to those waiting!

Bitterness

10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2008
LA
Status
Pre-Dental
So, they will move down the waiting list, even if you have a deposit at another school ? +pity+

Dentalicous1234

10+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
i think it depends on the school too, or does every school use a ranked list?

Plus even if they do it's not like they tell you where on the list you are, at least the one not from my experience but again might depend on the school.

OP
P

piper824

10+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2008
Status
I think they just go down the waiting list. most schools rank.

and I don't think AADSAS notify schools after May 1st whether they double deposit or not. I think it's just that one time but I might be wrong....so it wouldn't matter if people double deposit after May 1st.

this is from AADSAS

Applicants holding positions at multiple institutions. Dental schools participating in AADSAS will report to AADSAS by May 1, the names and identification numbers of candidates who have paid a deposit and/or hold a position in their entering class. After May 5, AADSAS will report to each institution the names of candidates in their entering class who are holding acceptance(s) at additional institutions. Dental schools will have the option of rescinding an offer of admission to candidates who have paid deposits and are holding positions at multiple institutions. Dental schools with candidates holding multiple positions on May 1of the year of admission will give such candidates a minimum 15-day notice if they choose to withdraw them from the entering class. This policy will be evaluated every two years by the ADEA Section of Dental School Admissions Officers to assess its impact on applicants and dental schools and provide applicants a reasonable time-frame to complete their enrollment process.

good luck everyone! I just need something like this to keep me going and to stay optimistic. but yeah, i have other plans if i don't get off the waiting lists.

lopkiu

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
***finger crossed****
wait for buffalo hope ppl will withdraw

nraouf

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2006
Status
its may 5th..any1 here anything?

BioMaxDDS

It will come true
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2006
Status
Dental Student
i feel like i'm never going to receive that phone call
sigh

dental2012

10+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
waiting for a miracle phone call from Tufts.
I believe it will happen.. I will attend dental school this fall... I am just praying for this.