Jun 29, 2012
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
hello everyone.
congrats to everyone who has been accepted this cycle. And the best of luck to those who are still waiting. ok so, i applied this cycle with average stats. overall gpa:3.67 scince gpa:3.2 :/ dat:21 both science and overall. i had a good amount of shadowing, volunteering and all that styff. i applied at the end of a august, but my application was complete in mid september. i am thinking that is one big reason i didnt get any interviews. anyway so i got an interview from tufts 2 days ago on jan 14. but the problem is im taking physics in a conity college and i put it in my application as perspective classes. i thought they would never want me because of this. i am shocked that they offered me an interview. Did they not see my application properly? Are they simply overlooking it or do they just not care? is there a chance that i do really good on the interview and still get reject because of the.cc

OP
R
Jun 29, 2012
Status
im sorry guys, im doing this on my phone and it just posted an unfinished thread. anyway, my question is, am i in trouble? what should i do? should i talk to the tufts admission staff or not remind them? what if they ask me at the interview what i have been doing this year and i have to say taking physics at cc. I just want to know if they have missed this information or did they offer tge interview knowing full well about this situation and they dont care. has anyone been in this situation? has anyone gotten accepted to tufts with cc credits?

OP
R
Jun 29, 2012
Status
I did put the perspective cc classes in my application before i applied. Either they dont care or they didnt go over my application properly. I am scared to call them because I dont want to draw too much attention to this situation.

Aug 7, 2011
Status
When you get to the interview, they will have you take your "papers" before sitting down for the presentations. In the papers, it will have the list of prerequisites they require and whether you are missing them or not. For me, I was missing part of my physics lab grade. I was a little suspicious why they would give me an interview when it's clearly part of their prerequisite list. During the interview, they will tell you that they do not accept any units from community colleges. Fortunately, I took that physics lab at my university and the grade just didn't appear on my transcript.

I would DEFINITELY call them. Not calling them simply for the reason of having them take away your interview is scary but it's better than wasting your flight money + hotel money to go to an interview where you never had a chance.

doc toothache

10+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2006
Status
Dentist
Why would you want to torpedo your interview? Incidentally, an interview does not equate to an automatic admission. Physics is the least relevant of the prerequisites, unless Tufts expects their students to be able to calculate the ideal rpm of a carbide burr with/without coolant to minimize friction/heat while cutting a prep.

Reactions: Swoops
Aug 7, 2011
Status
^ Completely agree. At the end of my interview day, I talked with the admissions director and she told me that they absolutely do not accept credits from community colleges.

OP
R
Jun 29, 2012
Status
I just called the school. They said they know about my cc class, but still want to extend an interview. However, if accepted, I will have to retake physics at a 4 year university before I start classes next fall. At this point, with just one interview, I am willing to do anything. But I am scared about paying from pocket for the two physics classes. Oh well, it is the way it is. Does anyone know what my chances of getting accepted are?

doc toothache

10+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2006
Status
Dentist
I just called the school. They said they know about my cc class, but still want to extend an interview. However, if accepted, I will have to retake physics at a 4 year university before I start classes next fall. At this point, with just one interview, I am willing to do anything. But I am scared about paying from pocket for the two physics classes. Oh well, it is the way it is. Does anyone know what my chances of getting accepted are?
You could have spared a post.

Feb 25, 2012
Status
Dental Student
Did you already take Physics or are taking it in the Spring? Sounds like you're taking it in the Spring, so drop the CC and do it once at a 4 year. Congratulations and good luck, scoring an interview is a solid +, enjoy it.