Finally Re-applying after Completing Master's Degree. Suggestions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dskornha

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I will be completing my Master's in Physiology degree from a highly respectable institution this summer. I expect to be graduating with a 3.78 GPA.

My undergrad GPA was 3.14o/3.02sci. and DAT scores were 20/19, which is the reason I decided to prove to schools I can get the grades (when not working FT!).
As far as shadowing, I have about 60 hours with 4 dentists/orthodontists. I am hoping to get some advice to help strengthen my chances of acceptance even more before June 4. Any advice is appreciated, thank you! (P.S. dont say retake the DAT)

I will also be getting a job at MUSC after graduating from this program, which is my #1 choice for school, as well.

Members don't see this ad.

So I will be completing my Master's in Physiology degree from a highly respectable institution this summer. I expect to be graduating with a 3.78 GPA.

My undergrad GPA was 3.14o/3.02sci. and DAT scores were 20/19, which is the reason I decided to prove to schools I can get the grades (when not working FT!).
As far as shadowing, I have about 60 hours with 4 dentists/orthodontists. I am hoping to get some advice to help strengthen my chances of acceptance even more before June 4. Any advice is appreciated, thank you! (P.S. dont say retake the DAT)

I will also be getting a job at MUSC after graduating from this program, which is my #1 choice for school, as well.

You should probably retake the DAT, try and get a 25+, then maybe you'll get an interview.
Sorry, couldn't help myself! I think you are good. Apply to lots of school, apply early. Network the heck out of yourself while at work. Not much else to say or do! You'll be fine. Good Luck!!

You should probably retake the DAT, try and get a 25+, then maybe you'll get an interview.
Sorry, couldn't help myself! I think you are good. Apply to lots of school, apply early. Network the heck out of yourself while at work. Not much else to say or do! You'll be fine. Good Luck!!

haha Dru I gotta tell ya, I didnt scroll down far enough and thought your post ended after that first comment. Needless to say I thought u were an a**hole! I appreciate that insight and I assure you I will be meeting whoever I can while there to better my chances. Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
haha Dru I gotta tell ya, I didnt scroll down far enough and thought your post ended after that first comment. Needless to say I thought u were an a**hole! I appreciate that insight and I assure you I will be meeting whoever I can while there to better my chances. Thanks

BAHAHAHA.....it worked!!! lol. Nahh, I was just messin w/ ya.

No prob. Dont worry- you should no problem getting in somewhere.

Try to have some recent shadowing/assisting/volunteering on your app when you submit, just to show your consistent commitment to service, apply broadly to many schools, and apply early. Best of luck!!