Finally...sbe Prophylaxis Modifications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jetproppilot

Turboprop Driver
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
No more giving prophylactic Abx for the crazy ladies with MVP.

Actually the new guidelines, released just a few days ago, eliminates giving ABX for everything except heart transplants and valves, as I recall.

Really simplifies it.

Can somebody post a link to the new guidelines?

Members don't see this ad.

Hallelujah! I run across 5 or 6 of those skinny white squirrels every week. None of them ever had an Echo so ya never know if they have vegetations. I usually tell them the Ancef that the surgeon ordered will kill 2 birds with 1 stone and they are content. Now that we eliminated the HAs from this set of squirrels, how 'bout them fibromyalgia wimens-- ain't never heard it from men. ---Regards, ---Zip

Hallelujah! I run across 5 or 6 of those skinny white squirrels every week. None of them ever had an Echo so ya never know if they have vegetations. I usually tell them the Ancef that the surgeon ordered will kill 2 birds with 1 stone and they are content. Now that we eliminated the HAs from this set of squirrels, how 'bout them fibromyalgia wimens-- ain't never heard it from men. ---Regards, ---Zip

Hilarious post, man! So true....:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
this thread, fellow sportsfans, is a shining example of how this forum can actually be helpful.

I love it when something comes along that makes logical sense, saves time and money, and makes my life easy. Thank you AHA.

Thank you for posting this. Actually saved me some amp/gent today. Surgeon asked me for the article and I had to dig the link off this forum.

Bumping.

Important, useful stuff.

JPP,

Thanks for bumping, and your timing is impecable. I knew there were new guidelines and I needed them last week but could not find anything newer than the 1997 guidelines on the web, even on the AHA website for some reason. The only thing I had was someone's PDA reference in one of those programs like Griffin's 5 minute consult or something like that.

thanks for the link Bobby

I brought this article to our department as well and shared it with the other residents.

Really, makes sense. Thank you very much

Members don't see this ad :)
Planktonmd

Maybe its your natural state to be a dickhead, i dont know, but why dont you keep your peanut galley level comments to yourself. You dont know me yet you insult me as if you do. You (and others) make a call on who i am simply because my opinion on some CRNA issues is a dissenting one, although the majority one among Anesthesiologists.

Have some respect, or are you incapable of that?

:rolleyes:

Yeah, We know: you are a resident and you share things with "other residents"!

;)

Planktonmd

Maybe its your natural state to be a dickhead, i dont know, but why dont you keep your peanut galley level comments to yourself. You dont know me yet you insult me as if you do. You (and others) make a call on who i am simply because my opinion on some CRNA issues is a dissenting one, although the majority one among Anesthesiologists.

Have some respect, or are you incapable of that?

Listen,
Being a CRNA is not something to be ashamed of. There are many CRNA's who are competent professionals and deserve all the respect.
You, on the other hand, are someone with an obvious identity crisis and playing a silly game, this is why people keep insulting you.

Uh no.

You keep insulting me because you dont like it that Im calling ppl on their bull-****. OBVIOUSLY i must be a CRNA if i say anything that goes against your POV right?

It might do well for those of you on here that are "militant" Anesthesiologists and Residents to remember that you are on the fringe of the mainstream politics in the ASA.

Uh no.

You keep insulting me because you dont like it that Im calling ppl on their bull-****. OBVIOUSLY i must be a CRNA if i say anything that goes against your POV right?

It might do well for those of you on here that are "militant" Anesthesiologists and Residents to remember that you are on the fringe of the mainstream politics in the ASA.
No, You are a CRNA pretending to be a resident and spreading venomous propaganda, that's the problem.

Yah, thats what i thought, your clueless.

Thanks for clarifying that in public.
:rolleyes:

It is the internet and you can pretend to be anyone you want, just don't get upset if we don't buy it.
I am done discussing this with you because I don't want to hijack this thread any further.