Finally sending in application to ADEA this week

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjkim1232

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have finally finished my application and will be sending it in this week (Thurs). I have been studying for the past month for the DAT and as of now plan on taking it the first week of September.

So now, I was really hoping some help regarding which schools I should apply to.

Just a bit on my academic background:
I was not a mature student in college and have had a terrible GPA (2.6-2.7ish). I have since retaken most of my general science courses and entered into a Masters program in biology (plan on graduating next spring).

In my opinion, I have:

1. Terrible undergrad GPA (2.6 - 2.7)....great graduate GPA (3.8 - 3.85)
2. Great rec letters (including one from a director of prosthodontics at a dental school)
3. research experience (coauthored a paper that is currently in review at a primary journal publication)
4. Have both worked and volunteered at a dental office. I am also a resident of California.

So....in everyones opinion....which schools should I apply to (perhaps some schools favor applicants with MS, research experience?)?

Thank You soo much everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

So this is what I've come up with thus far:

UOP
Maryland
NYU
PITT
Arizona
UMichigan

Again, I am a California resident with:

Terrible undergrad GPA (2.6-2.7)
Good grad (Masters in bio) GPA (3.8-3.85)
Research (with one publication)
Good rec letters
Volunteer and paid position as dental assistant

Can anyone please help me with any additional info regarding where I should apply to. My application is done and I just need to fill in the schools.

Thanks!!

I would add midwestern in Arizona along with AT STILL... Maybe Marqu.. Good luck!

I think that you definetly got some better stats on the Masters degree there. I am not sure how they look at all that, but I know they will really like it compared to your undergrad. PS whats your masters in?

I think a lot will depend on your DAT scores.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would add midwestern in Arizona along with AT STILL... Good luck!

I think that you definetly got some better stats on the Masters. I am not sure how they look at all that, but I know they will really like it compared to your undergrad. PS whats your masters in?

I think a lot will depend on your DAt scores.

Thanks for replying!

My MS is in biological science and I am hoping the big difference in the GPAs will be looked upon favorably.

I am pretty stressed about the DAT because I understand that will really either give me a chance or disqualify me. Do you think taking it the first week of September is too late? All my transcripts and rec letters will arrive at ADEA this week and I am e-submitting my application to ADEA this Thurs.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

Any other opinions/advice? I am e-submitting tmw and could really use some guidence on which schools I should apply to. So if anyone can help...I would really appreciate it!!

Thanks!