Finally submitted my application on OPTOMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jk90

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Wow great scores!! I think you have a fair chance in getting interview and being accepted. However since it is a bit later in the cycle those chances might not be as great as they could've been if you had submitted earlier. I applied to ICO also and I have an interview scheduled for the 11th (TS370 AA350). Your scores are higher than mine so I'm pretty sure ICO would offer you an interview. Has your application been verified yet? Cause Optomcas has to verify your app before it gets sent out to schools. Mine took about two weeks even though they had received all of my transcripts. I had to call them everyday to make sure my app was progressing.

My application just got verified on Nov 3 and I've already gotten 2 interviews + ICO's supplemental! You're definitely not too late. I called ICO recently and they just started interviewing about a month ago and have lots of seats left!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I just called in and they said it will take a while to process..I'm pretty nervous. But November isn't too late is it? Like do their seats fill up really fast? I'm pretty nervous cause I do wanna get in for the 2016 term. Also, do I have a chance at the other schools I listened above?

It's later but it's not "too late. Esepcially with your OAT scores you'll definitely get interviews. Too late is probably late January because their last round of interviews is probably after the holidays. Good luck

The University of Pikeville- Kentucky College of Optometry has just received it's pre-accreditation status and is live in OptomCAS. Our school is set to welcome its inaugural class the fall of 2016, with 60 seats. If you are interested in Optometry, it is definitely not too late to check KYCO out. With a new $55 million dollar facility, our KYCO Advantage (we will provide all optometric equipment, iPad, Laptop, books, Board Review Course/fees to all students at no additional cost) and the opportunity to help a region where sometimes only 10% of the population has received eye care, you should check out what KYCO has to offer. IF you have questions, feel free to email [email protected].

So I got an interview invite from NECO today! In the email, they stated that "the extracurricular, volunteer, and shadowing section of your application was not submitted. Before interviewing, please login to your application in OptomCAS and complete that section or send us a copy of your resume."
I just checked OPTOMCAS and there's no section that pertains to that. If I were to send them a resume, how would I format it? Has anyone else experienced this problem?
That's the "Experiences" section. It should be in your optomcas.