Finally took the OAT...few qustions

gmanbc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the OAT on sat. I totally bombed....

QR 300
RC 270 (Ouch) i was getting 340's on my Kaplan prep
Bio 310
GC 320
OC 290 (ouch)
Phy 310
TS 310
AA 300

Here is my question, I am applying to Pacific, NECO, ICO and PCO with a 3.89 GPA(Biology), and I have 2 years of volunteer work with an optometrist, Do I still have a chance to get in this year? Thanks in advance for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

my guess is schools will interview you, and most likely ask you to retake it.

QR 300
Bio 310
GC 320
OC 290 (ouch)
Phy 310
TS 310
AA 300

Here is my question, I am applying to Pacific, NECO, ICO and PCO with a 3.89 GPA(Biology), and I have 2 years of volunteer work with an optometrist, Do I still have a chance to get in this year? Thanks in advance for the help.

You have a great GPA going for you, however, as mentioned above, they are probably going to want to you to score higher at least on RC and OC. Just so you know, it seems like RC is screwing everyone over this year. It was my lowest %tile by far.

so you think my chances for admission this year are slim? because the deadlines for taking the OAT are coming up.

Thanks for the feedback.

Members don't see this ad :)
so you think my chances for admission this year are slim? because the deadlines for taking the OAT are coming up.

Thanks for the feedback.

You have an excellent GPA. I wish my GPA was that high. If you retake and get at least 320 for TS and AA, you will receive multiple interviews and acceptances. Everything you have looks good just OAT needs improvement. Good luck!

Thanks for the feedback.

There's that pesky 90 day waiting period between OAT exams.. check all the schools' OAT deadlines and make sure they are more than 90 days from the date you took the exam. As for your chances, ask the admissions counselors for their opinions.

Congratulations on the great GPA and nice volunteering experience. :cool:

QR 300
Bio 310
GC 320
OC 290 (ouch)
Phy 310
TS 310
AA 300

there's a slim chance. Your GPA is stellar and you do have experience... but your OAT, as you know, is mediocre.

You might get an interview or two, but this late in the cycle it's going to be a tough call.

Thanks for all the feeback guys. My applications are in so I will just wait and hope for the best.