Finally!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

comatose

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anatomy is over. thank God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to those folks who are about to take it in the fall, good luck. you will hate it.. lol

Members don't see this ad.

Eeeerrr, thanks. :oops:

are you talking about the under grad anatomy?

i really hope not, because under grad anatomy is a joke compared to what you'll have in dental school.

Members don't see this ad :)
no fool. .. . i'm talking about dental school anatomy. it's sucks major butthole, and i'm glad it's over.....=). the bodies stink like ass especially towards the end. and you will be pissed at how much info they throw at you every day. up next, dental morphology, nutrition, and biochem. can anyone tell me what they thought about these classes?

Tooth morph = Can be frustrating in the lab, since it's a lot of folks' first exposure to precision hand skills. Easy lecture.

Biochem = I thought it was easy, a lot of rehash from undergrad (although faster & more furious), but irritating because there's not much correlation to clinical dentistry/medicine.

We never had a dedicated nutrition class.

aphistis said:
Tooth morph = Can be frustrating in the lab, since it's a lot of folks' first exposure to precision hand skills. Easy lecture.

Biochem = I thought it was easy, a lot of rehash from undergrad (although faster & more furious), but irritating because there's not much correlation to clinical dentistry/medicine.

We never had a dedicated nutrition class.

thanks aph! can anyone else throw in their input? like, i'm also taking intro. to periodontics btw. peace!

glad that anatomy is over for you. imagine taking anatomy, tooth morph, molecular cell bio, and PBL at the same time. lol

PERFECT3435 said:
glad that anatomy is over for you. imagine taking anatomy, tooth morph, molecular cell bio, and PBL at the same time. lol

I'm sure his schedule is pretty taxing as well :D

Zurik5 said:
I'm sure his schedule is pretty taxing as well :D
Yeah, probably. Most dental schools have pretty tough curricula. Well, except for the Illinois ones, now that I think about it. I hear only the wusses apply there. :D

aphistis said:
Yeah, probably. Most dental schools have pretty tough curricula. Well, except for the Illinois ones, now that I think about it. I hear only the wusses apply there. :D

You know, I've heard this too. I also heard that they score all the model-type women who frequent the clinics.

swiminh2o,

Undergrad anatomy-if you took it at the Y-was likely as tough (or more so than) what you'll see dental school...maybe not as detailed in the head & neck, but tougher. Epecially if you had Busath. Heckman's histo is more detailed than dental school; Porter's physiology is the exact same thing he taught when teaching medical & dental school in Kentucky; Bradshaw and cell bio was far-and-away harder than any class you'll ever have at dental school. You'll agree in two years. :) So if you had any of those, you'll be fine, or at least that's a common consensus from about 10 people I keep in touch with who've had them and are now at schools like: UNC, UConn, UCLA, Harvard, OSU, UTSA, UK, Colorado, UW...and so on. You'll do fine. Just keep your priorities in order and it'll be fine.