Finances for Application process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The running dentist

Reaction score
Hey,
I am preparing to apply this cycle for dental school, and money is tight. Do you have any tips on ways to save money during the application process to help things go more smoothly?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Just a couple tips from the top of my head:
  • Do your research beforehand and apply smartly and selectively; don't apply to a dental school that you can't see yourself attending, or to a dental school that you don't meet the pre-requisites for (I know Stonybrook wants their applicants to have all their pre-reqs done before applying, and Tufts and Boston don't accept CC credits)
  • If travelling for an interview, try to crash at a friend's place or share an Airbnb with other interviewees.
  • Be on the lookout for suit sales (if you don't have one)! Try to not get something too cheap, and make sure that it is tailored to fit you.
Best of luck :)

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you!
when scheduling your exam date for the DAT, make sure you plan ahead by creating a effective study schedule and give yourself enough time to study so you don't have to waste money on rescheduling. If you qualify for the application fee waiver on ADEA AADSAS, I would apply for it. Find people who are willing to critique your personal statement on SDN and at school for free.