Financial Aid after MD Acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

notbougie

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had an idea about when financial aid packages usually come around after you receive an MD acceptance. I’m sure it varies - I’ve seen people get them immediately upon acceptance, a few weeks, and in March/April.

Any insight is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

When did you complete FAFSA and send it to those schools?

TBH, I don’t think Ive ever heard of acceptees receiving FA packages this early.

When you say that you’ve seen people get them with acceptances, are you talking about merit scholarships? Because if so, that’s totally different. Those come from admissions for yield protection and aren’t based on need or FAFSA.

When did you complete FAFSA and send it to those schools?

TBH, I don’t think Ive ever heard of acceptees receiving FA packages this early.

When you say that you’ve seen people get them with acceptances, are you talking about merit scholarships? Because if so, that’s totally different. Those come from admissions for yield protection and aren’t based on need or FAFSA.

I submitted FAFSA to the schools I interviewed (between August and September) in early October when the application opened. To be honest, I'm not sure - but it's likely that they were merit scholarships coupled with acceptances.