Financial Aid and a caribbean school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dganaden

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how someone who wanted to go to a Caribbean school would get financial aid. I have bad credit, just went BK. :( and would not have a co-signer. I dont think that the military has a program for these school. Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Take a year or two to repair and rebuild your credit. You don't want to go down there without knowing whether you'll be able to get private loans or not. I don't know of a single school where you can both get and get by on US federal loans alone.

www.creditboards.com

The above site is a great place to learn about credit and it has helped me and many of my friends to continue our medical education.

Choose a school that is FFEL approved and has eligibility for its students to get Stafford loans. This will cover a large portion of your costs, but you will likely still require supplemental loans to cover cost of living and any additional tuition costs not covered by Stafford loans.

It sucks that you have just declared bankruptcy. You may not be able to secure loans without a co-signer. Just work on improving your credit from this point forward, and never letting this happen again.

Good luck to you!

-Skip