financial aid in pharm school, health professions loan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cuddlefish78

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering about the Health Professions Loan available. I will be attending pharmacy school next all. I am an independent student, 24 yrs old and married. I do not use my parents information on my FAFSA. Back when I needed to include it I as unable to receive financial aid because they make decent money but not enough to help me pay for school. Now, to qualify for the Health Professions Loan I will need to include my parents income information. I guess what I am wondering about is how that will affect the amount I can take out in Stafford loans...? Anybody have experience with anything like this? After he 1st of the year I plan to call the FAFSA office and try to clear this up.
 
As a graduate student/health professions, you are qualified to borrow up to approximately $20k/year in unsubsidized stafford loans with a lifetime limit of $160k. Here is a link for more information. This is not including GradPlus which is at a higher interest rate. Don't worry about financing your pharmacy education. Just make sure that this is what you really want to do with your life.

http://studentaid.ed.gov/types/loans/subsidized-unsubsidized