financial aid in pharm school, health professions loan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cuddlefish78

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering about the Health Professions Loan available. I will be attending pharmacy school next all. I am an independent student, 24 yrs old and married. I do not use my parents information on my FAFSA. Back when I needed to include it I as unable to receive financial aid because they make decent money but not enough to help me pay for school. Now, to qualify for the Health Professions Loan I will need to include my parents income information. I guess what I am wondering about is how that will affect the amount I can take out in Stafford loans...? Anybody have experience with anything like this? After he 1st of the year I plan to call the FAFSA office and try to clear this up.

Members don't see this ad.

As a graduate student/health professions, you are qualified to borrow up to approximately $20k/year in unsubsidized stafford loans with a lifetime limit of $160k. Here is a link for more information. This is not including GradPlus which is at a higher interest rate. Don't worry about financing your pharmacy education. Just make sure that this is what you really want to do with your life.

http://studentaid.ed.gov/types/loans/subsidized-unsubsidized

Reactions: 1 user