financial aid question for nova

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

N

ncii

Nova includes a high fee for books, equipment, and supplies (almost $10K and higher than the other schools). Does anyone know if this will be as high for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th years as well?
thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

ncii said:
Nova includes a high fee for books, equipment, and supplies (almost $10K and higher than the other schools). Does anyone know if this will be as high for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th years as well?
thanks!

I was wondering the same thing. I talked to a third year who said he spent about $5k the first year, but that it would be significantly less for the following years since that includes purchasing most of the equipment we'll need for the following three years. I guarantee it won't be nearly as high as they state, but by projecting that amount, you are entitled to receive more federal aid.

swiftiii said:

I was wondering the same thing. I talked to a third year who said he spent about $5k the first year, but that it would be significantly less for the following years since that includes purchasing most of the equipment we'll need for the following three years. I guarantee it won't be nearly as high as they state, but by projecting that amount, you are entitled to receive more federal aid.

You will likely just barely squeak by the first year if you max out both federal and alternative loans, but there is much less to pay for thereafter.

Members don't see this ad :)
i will be a med student there..and we get the same budget for equipment and stuff...And the reason why they give us a high budget to act as a buffer to the high cost of living of South Florida...so no..you dont use up 11K on supplies/equipment...

does anyone know if we have to get the titers for the immunizations? I got some of the shots for travel last year, but they didn't come with the lab work. I have the yellow card that comes with them. Thanks.

meesathuy said:
does anyone know if we have to get the titers for the immunizations? I got some of the shots for travel last year, but they didn't come with the lab work. I have the yellow card that comes with them. Thanks.

As far as I know, the only time you need the titers for the immunizations would be in the event that 1) you know that you've had the immunization, and 2) you have no record of that fact...