financial aid & waitlists??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

s2o0o

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
just wondering how to go about getting financial aid if i am still on the waitlist for a school? i've heard that they won't leave you stranded in terms of not giving you $ for school, but what if i get into a particular school like a week before orientation? do i need to have enough $ to cover tuition first until i recieve financial aid or what? just curious if anyone has been in this situation before or has any insight...thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I think the most important thing is to get your fafsa done now if you haven't yet, so it will be easy for them to process your info when u get in.

I'm in this same situation, and I'd suggest that you call the financial aid office of your first choice (waitlist) school. Have them send you or direct you to all the forms you'll need to have filled out so you can get them all prepared now. Often they'll let you send the forms in even without an acceptance so they can be ready to process it the second you get accepted. Just be sure to tell them that you are definitely going there if you get accepted. Good luck.