Financial Aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Studentptms

Reaction score
Hi guys

I put down a deposit for a program that I got accepted to and I am waitlisted at my #1 school right now. I was wondering if anyone knows how the financial aid works like if I fill it out for one school and then get accepted to my #1 school will I be able to switch the school on the Fafsa app? Should I hold off on filling out the Fafsa for now?

Members don't see this ad.

If I’m not mistaken, I believe you are able to select the potential schools you will be attending when you start the application. I remember I selected like 3-4 schools and once you are accepted, it will go to the appropriate school.

I’m pretty sure that was the case even when first applying to undergrad. If I’m wrong, please correct me.

If I’m not mistaken, I believe you are able to select the potential schools you will be attending when you start the application. I remember I selected like 3-4 schools and once you are accepted, it will go to the appropriate school.

I’m pretty sure that was the case even when first applying to undergrad. If I’m wrong, please correct me.
Oh wow I didn’t even know! Thank you I will try it out.

Members don't see this ad :)
FAFSA will send your data to all the schools that you list on the application, even if you haven't been accepted. The schools won't look at it until you get accepted. Might as well select all of them at once.

Does anyone know when the Fafsa deadline is?
I don't know of any deadline. You can even submit FAFSA for a previous year.
Rather, your school may have a deadline to submit your FAFSA to guarantee that your financial aid will be processed by the semester start date.
Check your school's website.

Reactions: 1 user