financial aid...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dukeduke

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
here comes what is possibly a very stupid question..

i have interviewed at two schools but have not heard back from either...so at this point i have no acceptances...am i supposed to submit the fafsa anyway?(since its due in 5 days i figured i should ask)...what are we supposed to be doing at this point in terms of financial aid? :confused:

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely submit the FAFSA as soon as possible! You don't have to be accepted yet in order to submit the FAFSA.

This has been discussed many times already... You should fill out all the papers (FAFSA + any other apps that specific schools may have) even if you haven't heard back yet. That way, your file will be ready when/if you get accepted. Do it ASAP, it's already getting late. Gluck :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
dukeduke said:
here comes what is possibly a very stupid question..

i have interviewed at two schools but have not heard back from either...so at this point i have no acceptances...am i supposed to submit the fafsa anyway?(since its due in 5 days i figured i should ask)...what are we supposed to be doing at this point in terms of financial aid? :confused:

thanks

you should have already filled out the FAFSA for the schools you interviewed at

you could potentially be accepted the week before classes, but be unable to attend because you can't get any loans

FILL IT OUT RIGHT NOW

Have you contacted these schools? Where are they? Have you had your pre-med advisor follow up with them? To not have heard at this point seems really odd to me. But yes, file the FASFA.

16hoursleeper said:
Have you contacted these schools? Where are they? Have you had your pre-med advisor follow up with them? To not have heard at this point seems really odd to me. But yes, file the FASFA.

nymc and stony brook...however..its probably not that odd because my interviews were early march and early april.

FAFSA filed..thanks again...