Financial Aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BUmiken12

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think this was asked before, but I couldn't find it. If I'm planning to pay for medical school all on my own (through loans of course), do my parents' tax forms need to be included into my FAFSA?

Another question for San Antonio people: Have any of you received info concerning your financial aid?

Thanks in advance...

Members don't see this ad.

FAFSA doesn't require it, but your med school almost certainly will if you want to be considered for institutional loans. I, too, am not taking money from my parents, so there's no point in my parents' disclosing their information to anyone ... which they have refused to do, somewhat understandably ... you can imagine how well that's gone over with med schools ...

For more info, please check out the separate financial aid forum. One of the moderators compiled a list of threads w/ FAQs. Unfortunately, it doesn't get as much movement, and I'm almost tempted to post some FA questions in pre-allo for a better response. Hopefully, there'll be more traffic there as financial aid app season approaches.