financial aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

same21

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im applying for 2011, just submitted my primary. When do I need to fill out financial aid stuff for med school? Right now with the primary? or is that when we get accepted/if we get accepted

Members don't see this ad.

Im applying for 2011, just submitted my primary. When do I need to fill out financial aid stuff for med school? Right now with the primary? or is that when we get accepted/if we get accepted

Wait, FAFSA doesn't open until much later and you need your 2010 tax return to complete it.

When you get interviews, the schools will have a Financial aid person talk you through exactly what you need to do...Even then though, as the poster above stated, you cant do anything about it until Feb. - March-ish, after you filed your taxes for 2010.

As stated, file FAFSA when you have your 2010 Tax retirn completed. You can complete the FAFSA with 2009 return and update it later but thats just another step and a hassle. Be sure to include all schools you anticipate having a shot at. Even if you hadn't heard back at the time of completing the FAFSA. Worst case scenario is you don't get in and the FA office at the school will throw away your file for not getting admitted. That's better than not including the school originally and having to add later.