1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Financing Education-HELP =(

Discussion in 'Dental' started by Shadownght12, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Shadownght12

5+ Year Member

Dentist
    Hello Everyone,

I've been stressing out about the cost of a Dental Education.
    Hypothetically lets say that neither me or my parents will be able to put any money out of our pockets for the four years of Dental school. Is it possible through FAFSA alone to get enough loans to pay tuition, living expenses, and other fees??

Help :confused:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. 7 Iron

5+ Year Member

Dentist
    Yeah, you will be able to take out enough in loans to cover everything. You'll have to live frugally however. Almost everyone is in this scenario too :(

4. Shadownght12

5+ Year Member

Dentist
    Thanks, I really hope so.
    I don't mind living frugally....lol more time to concentrate on studying!

5. You are in the same situation as a majority of dental students. Without knowing your whole situation, there is no way we can say yes or no. If you are a single tudent without kids and without bills going to a low caost school - then yes, it is enough. But, if you have a famliy or a lot of existing debt, probably not. But there are other loans you can take to finance the education. Plus, there is always the military or national health services program.

The one thing good about professional school programs is that very few people are denied the opportunity to go because there are ways to fund or pay for the education even if you or your family cannot pay for it out of pocket.

6. whodat4life

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    The problem right now isn't being able to obtain loans, it's paying them back that hurts. Anyone can get tons of money for school.