Financing fellowship interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caedmon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how people are financing their fellowship interviews. It seems like it could get really expensive especially for those pursuing highly competitive specialities. Are people mostly paying out of pocket? Credit cards? Or are there loans available for this specific purpose?

thanks in advance for the input.

Members don't see this ad.

I've emptied my bank account over the past couple of months with interviews. If an unexpected expense were to come up, I'm screwed. Driving to work everyday has turned me into a religious man, as I pray frantically that nothing happens to my car.

I've emptied my bank account over the past couple of months with interviews. If an unexpected expense were to come up, I'm screwed. Driving to work everyday has turned me into a religious man, as I pray frantically that nothing happens to my car.

where do you want to go?

Last summer I started an interview fund and put away what I thought was enough to get me through this spring. Of course, that didn't account for the fact that I was stranded by snow and airline error three times in a two week period - those extra nights had to go on a credit card.

And I feel sacrament's pain on the car thing - had to call a plumber last week and it was a nail-biter as to whether I would be able to afford what he was going to do.