Financing for Canadians

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

plant based

TUSPM Class of 2021
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I was just curious as I couldn't find a straight answer in previous threads. Anyone from Canada able to finance pod school entirely through loans? I'm from alberta and I'm worried I won't be able to as podiatry isn't considered med/dent and therefore they give you less $$.... The way our dollar is doing vs high living expenses (I'm leaning more towards nycpm) have got me worried!

Members don't see this ad.

Have you looked into private loans? That may be your best option, although the terms probably aren't going to be as good as the federal options U.S. students receive.

Canadian as well, I would try the banks, some give loans but it is much less. Talk to them and see what they can give you. Getting federal loans from the US will be tough but try to get provincial loans from the government of Alberta as well as private loans from big banks (TD,CIBC etc), maybe try US banks as well, I'm not sure how they treat Canadians when taking out student loans.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have a roommate from Ottawa. He's on private loans from a Canadian bank. He has better interest rates than our federal loans.

Reactions: 1 users
I have a roommate from Ottawa. He's on private loans from a Canadian bank. He has better interest rates than our federal loans.

Really? Awesome thanks

Reactions: 1 user