Finding a dentist to shadow.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TriangleChoke77

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I need to accumulate some shadowing hours just so I can say I did it and for experience. Anyways I asked my dentist and he just said no and said that he didn't want me to eventually take his patients in 4 years (I hope he was joking, I didn't ask and just left). But anyway should I just call up random dentists and ask or what?
As a side note although I want to be a dentist my expeirence with them has not been so good. Dentist #1 busted for possession of cocaine. Dentist #2 kept telling me that 'everything I'm going to do is covered by your insurance' and proceeded to tell me next time it wasnt and charged me 500 dollars. I told him I wasn't paying and never went back. Dentist #3 this dude who is afraid I'll steal his patients. Needless to say my confidence with finding a dentist to shadow is not high. So how'd you guys go about it?

Members don't see this ad.

I walked into a local dentist's office and spoke with him in person. He was very accomadating and let me come any day and any time I wanted. From talking with other students, they had similar experiences. Give it another try, you'll find one easy enough.

i just called about 8 dentists from the yellowbook and 2 called back. I shadowed a really great dentist for a month and i m always welcome to go back there. Just keep on calling.