Finding a DO to shadow

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KyleSBU

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
SO I have exhaustively searched for a DO to shadow for this summer and havn't had any luck. I've emailed, called again and again numerous DO's and I either get the no right away, asked to called back or told the person I need to talk to about that is busy and a bunch of other excuses.....I thought they'd be a little more understanding considering they were all in our shoes at one point. So my question is what should I do? I'm to the point where I might send a basket of mini-muffins or a stripper or somthing...any suggestions...anyone finding this same problem?

Members don't see this ad.

KyleSBU said:
SO I have exhaustively searched for a DO to shadow for this summer and havn't had any luck. I've emailed, called again and again numerous DO's and I either get the no right away, asked to called back or told the person I need to talk to about that is busy and a bunch of other excuses.....I thought they'd be a little more understanding considering they were all in our shoes at one point. So my question is what should I do? I'm to the point where I might send a basket of mini-muffins or a stripper or somthing...any suggestions...anyone finding this same problem?

Try this link: http://www.ama-assn.org/vapp/freida/srch/
and see if there is a local residency program near you with DO's. Either that or try a local medical school. They should be willing to help you out.

Members don't see this ad :)
KyleSBU said:

Even my close friend who is a physician has trouble returning my emails and calls. If I show up at his office, he makes time for me, regardless of patient load.

Show up at the office.