Finding a job

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DocCafe is another website with some good jobs. Device reps are a great source. Networking at conferences (ASIPP, ASRA, ASPN, etc). However, in what I found to be amusing considering all the other great ways to find jobs, I actually found my job by literally just typing "pain management jobs in Desired City" and found a job posting on a random website.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Outside of postings on gasworks, where else can I look for job openings?
There's not a great centralized resource.

Practicelink - Mostly hospital employ jobs with a few PP gigs thrown in
Doccafe - weird lay out. I did not find it that useful
Linkedin - Has the most academic job listings and VA job listings.

I did not find that many orthopedic and private practices had job listings out. I cold called most of the practices in the areas I was interested in to see if they were hiring. This netted me a few interviews. Google maps is your friend. Google orthopedic practices, pain medicine, interventional spine, neurosurgery groups in an area. Awkward to call the first 5 times you do it. Ask to speak to the practice manager.

Medtronic listings were exactly the same every month I checked without any alteration.

Cold calling hospitals did not yield me a single interview.
 
I did not find that many orthopedic and private practices had job listings out. I cold called most of the practices in the areas I was interested in to see if they were hiring. This netted me a few interviews. Google maps is your friend. Google orthopedic practices, pain medicine, interventional spine, neurosurgery groups in an area. Awkward to call the first 5 times you do it. Ask to speak to the practice manager.

I agree with cold calling private practices if that’s where you want to end up. We have interviewed/hired 6-12 months before we were planning to for the right candidate.