Finding a job

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

justAstudent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Outside of postings on gasworks, where else can I look for job openings?

Members don't see this ad.

DocCafe is another website with some good jobs. Device reps are a great source. Networking at conferences (ASIPP, ASRA, ASPN, etc). However, in what I found to be amusing considering all the other great ways to find jobs, I actually found my job by literally just typing "pain management jobs in Desired City" and found a job posting on a random website.

Members don't see this ad :)
Outside of postings on gasworks, where else can I look for job openings?
There's not a great centralized resource.

Practicelink - Mostly hospital employ jobs with a few PP gigs thrown in
Doccafe - weird lay out. I did not find it that useful
Linkedin - Has the most academic job listings and VA job listings.

I did not find that many orthopedic and private practices had job listings out. I cold called most of the practices in the areas I was interested in to see if they were hiring. This netted me a few interviews. Google maps is your friend. Google orthopedic practices, pain medicine, interventional spine, neurosurgery groups in an area. Awkward to call the first 5 times you do it. Ask to speak to the practice manager.

Medtronic listings were exactly the same every month I checked without any alteration.

Cold calling hospitals did not yield me a single interview.

Reactions: 2 users
I did not find that many orthopedic and private practices had job listings out. I cold called most of the practices in the areas I was interested in to see if they were hiring. This netted me a few interviews. Google maps is your friend. Google orthopedic practices, pain medicine, interventional spine, neurosurgery groups in an area. Awkward to call the first 5 times you do it. Ask to speak to the practice manager.

I agree with cold calling private practices if that’s where you want to end up. We have interviewed/hired 6-12 months before we were planning to for the right candidate.

I agree with cold calling private practices if that’s where you want to end up. We have interviewed/hired 6-12 months before we were planning to for the right candidate.
Cold calling got me into a horrific practice situation but that was just my n of 1

Reactions: 1 user
i cold called all the practices in town.

im still working at one, the one that the other jobs said that would not survive...

but it is a unique situation and a great fit. that's key.