Finding Adjunct Positions

Started by dutch2020
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dutch2020

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello!

I would love to hear where folks have found adjunctive positions (remote or in person!). After working clinically for many years and moving to a new area, this is a door I’d like to open!

Many thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Adjunct teaching positions are typically posted on Indeed.com, at least in my area. That’s how I started applying and eventually was hired.

You can also check available positions on individual colleges’ websites of you have a place in mind in your area.
 
I get emails from every department chair of every university and college in a 50 mile radius like clock work three times a year. At this point, they don't ask if I'll teach a specific course. They tell me I can teach whatever I want and whatever schedule. But, as WisNeuro said, I would make more money mowing yards.