Finding Adjunct Positions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dutch2020

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I would love to hear where folks have found adjunctive positions (remote or in person!). After working clinically for many years and moving to a new area, this is a door I’d like to open!

Many thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello!

I would love to hear where folks have found adjunctive positions (remote or in person!). After working clinically for many years and moving to a new area, this is a door I’d like to open!

Many thanks!
Send your CV to dept chair expressing interest

Head to the local soup kitchen to seek out your future colleagues. :rofl:

Aside from emailing the dept, didn't the chronicle have job listings?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello!

Many thanks!

I'll pay you $15/hour to do some landscaping to give you a better pay rate.

Reactions: 1 user
Adjunct teaching positions are typically posted on Indeed.com, at least in my area. That’s how I started applying and eventually was hired.

You can also check available positions on individual colleges’ websites of you have a place in mind in your area.

I get emails from every department chair of every university and college in a 50 mile radius like clock work three times a year. At this point, they don't ask if I'll teach a specific course. They tell me I can teach whatever I want and whatever schedule. But, as WisNeuro said, I would make more money mowing yards.

• Wow