Finding independent scholarships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

onequark

Reaction score
Hi! I thought I'd post here to see if anyone has recommendations for databases of independent scholarships for admitted MD students.

It seems like a lot of them require you to already be an attending student (not admitted) and in general I feel like I'm having trouble finding comprehensive resources about independent scholarships.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey I have been wondering and looking into the same and have not had any luck. Let me know if you find anything or get more information on this!

Reactions: 1 user
There are really very few. If you have committed to a school you might reach out to their financial aid folks and see if they had a list (mine did). They might also have a list of independent scholarships specifically available for students of that medical school that you wouldn't find by researching online.

Reactions: 1 user
Admitted but not enrolled? Your financial aid office team should have some suggestions. Many scholarships could be available based on your heritage ethnicity. I'll give you an example list from dentistry: Scholarships, Grants, and Loan Repayment Programs | ASDA .

I don't recall if Coca-Cola or Wal-Mart does scholarships for professional students. Lots of scholarships for nursing...