Finding PA's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MizzouDrWannabe

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was wondering if you had any tips on finding a PA to shadow. I am not sure if I'm applying to PA school, but it's something I"ve been thinking about, and I am not sure where to look to find one to shadow. Any advice would be nice, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

MizzouDrWannabe said:
Hi everyone, I was wondering if you had any tips on finding a PA to shadow. I am not sure if I'm applying to PA school, but it's something I"ve been thinking about, and I am not sure where to look to find one to shadow. Any advice would be nice, thanks!

I would just start by calling some of the hospitals and larger clinics in your area. You are almost certain to find PA's at most of those places. Introduce yourself and tell them what you are looking for. Most PA's would enjoy the opportunity to show their profession to an interested observer.
Good luck,
Pat

Pat is right, it's a lot easier than most people think. Your PCP may even have a PA in their office so just ask!

You could also go to the student's section of AAPA (American Academy of Physician Assistants) website & click on the "pre-PA students" link. You will find a section on shadowing there. http://saaapa.aapa.org/

Mon :)