Finding Pharmacy Internship

Started by RXash
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RXash

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am having a difficult time finding a pharmacy intern position. I am currently a P3 and I want to start an internship before my last year of pharmacy school. On the few interviews I did go to, it seemed as if I was interviewing for a pharmacist position. They asked questions about metrics and how I would lead a team. I understand that it may be a little late in the game to get an internship but I want to apply what I've been learning and gain as much experience as possible. I've been told that I have a great resume and I have experience. Is anyone else having difficulty?
 
I am having a difficult time finding a pharmacy intern position. I am currently a P3 and I want to start an internship before my last year of pharmacy school. On the few interviews I did go to, it seemed as if I was interviewing for a pharmacist position. They asked questions about metrics and how I would lead a team. I understand that it may be a little late in the game to get an internship but I want to apply what I've been learning and gain as much experience as possible. I've been told that I have a great resume and I have experience. Is anyone else having difficulty?

Cautionary tale. Get a job in year 1. For you, just keep knocking on doors. Sooner or later someone will take a flyer on you.
 
It took me a while too when I started looking. Since you mentioned metrics, I'm assuming you're looking for a retail position? In that case, your best chances are with Walgreens and CVS
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It took me a while too when I started looking. Since you mentioned metrics, I'm assuming you're looking for a retail position? In that case, your best chances are with Walgreens and CVS
It took me a while too when I started looking. Since you mentioned metrics, I'm assuming you're looking for a retail position? In that case, your best chances are with Walgreens and CVS
CVS asked me about their metrics when I interviewed. Did not hear back from them yet. I'll try Walgreens