Finding Pharmacy Internship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RXash

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am having a difficult time finding a pharmacy intern position. I am currently a P3 and I want to start an internship before my last year of pharmacy school. On the few interviews I did go to, it seemed as if I was interviewing for a pharmacist position. They asked questions about metrics and how I would lead a team. I understand that it may be a little late in the game to get an internship but I want to apply what I've been learning and gain as much experience as possible. I've been told that I have a great resume and I have experience. Is anyone else having difficulty?

Members don't see this ad.

I am having a difficult time finding a pharmacy intern position. I am currently a P3 and I want to start an internship before my last year of pharmacy school. On the few interviews I did go to, it seemed as if I was interviewing for a pharmacist position. They asked questions about metrics and how I would lead a team. I understand that it may be a little late in the game to get an internship but I want to apply what I've been learning and gain as much experience as possible. I've been told that I have a great resume and I have experience. Is anyone else having difficulty?

Cautionary tale. Get a job in year 1. For you, just keep knocking on doors. Sooner or later someone will take a flyer on you.

Reactions: 1 users
It took me a while too when I started looking. Since you mentioned metrics, I'm assuming you're looking for a retail position? In that case, your best chances are with Walgreens and CVS

Members don't see this ad :)
It took me a while too when I started looking. Since you mentioned metrics, I'm assuming you're looking for a retail position? In that case, your best chances are with Walgreens and CVS
CVS asked me about their metrics when I interviewed. Did not hear back from them yet. I'll try Walgreens

CVS asked me about their metrics when I interviewed. Did not hear back from them yet. I'll try Walgreens

How would you know about metrics having never worked for them before? Who was the interview with?

How would you know about metrics having never worked for them before? Who was the interview with?
That's what I was upset about. I didn't know much about it. It was with a distric manager