Finding references after doing long term telepsych and PP work

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

psychresident14

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just wanted to post a question that I'm been struggling with. I'm thinking of doing practice practice part time with another solo partner and doing telepsych part time. I'm wondering that if I do this for 5-10 years, and then decide to venture into inpatient or other work, who would I use as references in the future when an employer requests them, besides my PP partner? Should I consider doing something else? I feel that my options would be limited in the future if I don't have references to rely on. Thanks. Any response would be appreciated.
 
Please consider the value of developing relationships with local providers. As trite as it might sound networking has been a boon for my career. In addition to making a few good friends my professional contacts have also resulted in access to the knowledge of several brilliant psychiatrists and an inside track on multiple employment opportunities.