Finding the right job

Started by mac_kin
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mac_kin

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What are some key factors you would recommend I ensure when finding the right place for an aspiring orthopaedic PT?

I don't want to settle just to have "any job". I want a clinic where I can grow and learn - I'm not looking for any long-term commitment (I'm not telling them that of course) but rather a good place to learn as a new grad.

Any advice? Do I base it on the qualifications of other staff? location?

I graduated this past fall. I'm having MAJOR difficulty finding the right job, I'm being low-balled at my current job but keeping it to make some $ and have something on the resume for now.

I just don't even know where to start. There are like 1-2 postings a month in my area. I've tried cold-calling/emailing clinics in the area with no luck. I've had maybe 3 interviews at private practices since graduation, decided not to take the only offer I received due to location/transportation problems.

So what do I do? I'm officially going to broaden my search nationwide I think, lol.