genessis42

7+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
Is it considered to be too late if I finish the secondaries by the first half of August? I was verified at the end of July, and it took a week to get them from all my schools.

I was a little bit cautious to submit without having someone look at them because I didn't want them to be too hasty or subpar, and they cost like $75 each.

Is finishing them by tomorrow Early or just Average? I thought a lot of schools don't interview until end of August.

Hopeful___MD

On peut parler français à moi
Aug 9, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
I've seen people say that finishing secondaries in September is fine, depending on the school. For example, JHU doesn't screen secondaries and doesn't roll out IIs/rejections until November. For rolling admissions, it's still fine. I think by late September you must be a pretty good applicant for it to be "okay" to finish secondaries that late.

About the Ads

genessis42

7+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
Any past applicants have some good advice for us? I'm trying to put my best secondaries forward.

I suppose it's still better than hastily writing them and not netting any interviews :eek:

starlite911

5+ Year Member
May 14, 2014
Status
Medical Student
I believe that finishing any time in August is still towards the early end, and definitely on time. This website has a bias, incase you haven't noticed :p

Glazedonutlove

2+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2015
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I've seen people say that finishing secondaries in September is fine, depending on the school. For example, JHU doesn't screen secondaries and doesn't roll out IIs/rejections until November. For rolling admissions, it's still fine. I think by late September you must be a pretty good applicant for it to be "okay" to finish secondaries that late.
Jhu gave IIs today

May 7, 2015
Status
It's fine. I'm not done yet, but not too worried.

gannicus89

2+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2015
Status
Is it considered to be too late if I finish the secondaries by the first half of August? I was verified at the end of July, and it took a week to get them from all my schools.

I was a little bit cautious to submit without having someone look at them because I didn't want them to be too hasty or subpar, and they cost like $75 each.

Is finishing them by tomorrow Early or just Average? I thought a lot of schools don't interview until end of August.
You're fine. 75 each? ...why...?

ciestar

All grown up!
5+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2013
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I just finished writing my last secondary...
just feeling like...now what?

Reactions: Catalystik

mw18

5+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2014
Status
Medical Student
Mid-August is perfectly fine. A well-done secondary in mid-August >> a hastily and sloppily done secondary in July. There's still plenty of time for IIs.

Reactions: starlite911
About the Ads