Finish secondaries by August 15th. Bad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

genessis42

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it considered to be too late if I finish the secondaries by the first half of August? I was verified at the end of July, and it took a week to get them from all my schools.

I was a little bit cautious to submit without having someone look at them because I didn't want them to be too hasty or subpar, and they cost like $75 each.

Is finishing them by tomorrow Early or just Average? I thought a lot of schools don't interview until end of August.
 
I've seen people say that finishing secondaries in September is fine, depending on the school. For example, JHU doesn't screen secondaries and doesn't roll out IIs/rejections until November. For rolling admissions, it's still fine. I think by late September you must be a pretty good applicant for it to be "okay" to finish secondaries that late.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any past applicants have some good advice for us? I'm trying to put my best secondaries forward.

I suppose it's still better than hastily writing them and not netting any interviews 😱
 
I believe that finishing any time in August is still towards the early end, and definitely on time. This website has a bias, incase you haven't noticed 😛
 
I've seen people say that finishing secondaries in September is fine, depending on the school. For example, JHU doesn't screen secondaries and doesn't roll out IIs/rejections until November. For rolling admissions, it's still fine. I think by late September you must be a pretty good applicant for it to be "okay" to finish secondaries that late.
Jhu gave IIs today
 
Is it considered to be too late if I finish the secondaries by the first half of August? I was verified at the end of July, and it took a week to get them from all my schools.

I was a little bit cautious to submit without having someone look at them because I didn't want them to be too hasty or subpar, and they cost like $75 each.

Is finishing them by tomorrow Early or just Average? I thought a lot of schools don't interview until end of August.

You're fine. 75 each? ...why...?
 
Mid-August is perfectly fine. A well-done secondary in mid-August >> a hastily and sloppily done secondary in July. There's still plenty of time for IIs.